Options

Upload IOS but not showing on CF?

wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
Good evening fellow tech'ers, I was working in the lab last night trying to update one of my 2821s to IOS 15.1 IPVoice. Copying from tftp to flash, file upload took 279 seconds over a wireless connection, and came back OK. However, when I do a show flash, the IOS file is not on the CF. Since the only CF reader I have is on my printer, and that is no help, I ordered a new Kingston CF reader. Should arrive Tuesday (love Amazon!).

Has anyone else seen this issue in the past? I believe the file was given the hidden and system attributes, but why? If it has, I believe I will pull the existing IOS off the card, format it, and reload the new IOS and reload the router. All of this is in an attempt to upgrade to CME 8.6 for testing purposes.

Thanks for any input, it is most appreciated.

Bill
Cisco VoIP Engineer I
CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]

Comments

• Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Try transferring the file again, I have seen cases where the tftp said it completed but no files were there. Are you using Cisco Flash card or 3rd party?
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    This is a Cisco flash card, 128mb. I have TFTP'd twice with same results. Once card reader arrives will confirm, and take appropriate action. If it is hidden will change attributes and see what happens. Thank you for confirming this is not an isolated incident.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Out of curiousity what is a CF? Cisco Firewall? I'd plug the device directly into the Router, but I did actually euccessfully pull the running config off a UC520 over the wireless module in it at my work. I got a TON of O's imbetween the !'s, but somehow it did successfully finish with all the dropped packets, I was amazed!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    CF = Compact Flash
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Once I arrived home, my card reader was waiting for me. I inserted the CF, read the contents, and the IOS file I tftp'd to the card was indeed on the card. I pulled both IOS files off the card, formatted it, and copied back only the file I wanted. Reinserted the card, reloaded the router, and now am on IOS 15.1 IPVoice. It pays to have the small tools to make life easier. Thank you again for your input!
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I can't believe I didn't think of compact flash, my daily self-inflicted facepalm moment right there :)

Good job with loading up the new IOS wgroom! I didn't cross that path with my home lab yet, first time I did it was on someone production network over the noon lunch hour - that was a very tense 30 minutes!