Options

What to take first, 70-680 or 70-685??

eulo0419eulo0419 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
70-680 or 70-685?? Im confused between those two.. Which has less content regarding on server side?? And "hopefully" after passing 1 of that exam, will i have a title to hold?? like MCP or something.. or i need to pass the 3 exams first before i can get a title of MCSA: WIndows 7?? Kindly clarify things..

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    70-680 has the most Server type stuff... 70-685 is more desktop troubleshooting. I would do 680 then 685. You need both for MCSA: Windows 7. AFAIK one exam doesn't give an MCTS anymore so you would need both for a title.

Taking the 680 will still give you the MCTS until June 30th... and yes, you will get an MCP after passing either one..

-scott
  • Options
    Taking the 680 will still give you the MCTS until June 30th... and yes, you will get an MCP after passing either one..

-scott

-scott

so, you mean if i passed 680 before june 30, ill become MCTS and if i pass 685, ill become MCP??? Is that right?? If 680 has more server content, i think i should focus first on 685.. And right now, im torn between CCENT and 685, i dont know where to focus first.. Btw, im CCNA trained but i would like to take ICND1 and ICND2 exam instead of the composite exam.. Which do you think has the higher cert value?? Passing 685 having MCP title or having CCENT title?? I know being MCSA, you should know about networks.. And being CCNA you should know also about servers.. Am i right?? I love both sides network/server.. My decision just lies which has the better value.. 685:MCP or CCENT..

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    eulo0419 wrote: »
    so, you mean if i passed 680 before june 30, ill become MCTS and if i pass 685, ill become MCP??? Is that right?? If 680 has more server content, i think i should focus first on 685.. And right now, im torn between CCENT and 685, i dont know where to focus first.. Btw, im CCNA trained but i would like to take ICND1 and ICND2 exam instead of the composite exam.. Which do you think has the higher cert value?? Passing 685 having MCP title or having CCENT title?? I know being MCSA, you should know about networks.. And being CCNA you should know also about servers.. Am i right?? I love both sides network/server.. My decision just lies which has the better value.. 685:MCP or CCENT..

Thanks guys!

If you pass ANY Microsoft test.. you become an MCP.

If you pass the 680 before June 30th you will become an MCTS and MCP... Your MCTS will become Legacy on July 1st but your MCP will still be active.

If you pass BOTH, you will become an MCSA: Windows 7, MCTS in the 680, and MCP -- Your MCTS will become legacy on July 1st but the MCSA and MCP will remain active.

-scott
  • Options
    Thanks scott.. that was a very clear explanation.. now i have to figure out what should i take first, mcp or ccent.. haha! Thanks again!
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you pass ANY Microsoft test.. you become an MCP.

If you pass the 680 before June 30th you will become an MCTS and MCP... Your MCTS will become Legacy on July 1st but your MCP will still be active.

If you pass BOTH, you will become an MCSA: Windows 7, MCTS in the 680, and MCP -- Your MCTS will become legacy on July 1st but the MCSA and MCP will remain active.

-scott

Hello Scott where does it say this as its not saying on the website + thinking of doing the 70-640 if that still gets the mcts
  • Options
    Are you doing the 640 or the 680??
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you doing the 640 or the 680??

Either at the min but leaning towards the 640
  • Options
    RìpshotRìpshot Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found taking the 685 was more related to my helpdesk role (and easier), as 680 was more server based.
  • Options
    fadeinthemixfadeinthemix Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    680 was def harder, but I am glad I did it first due to needing to know some of it during the 685 exam.
  • Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows Certification | Microsoft

It says here MCITP is somehow active again. I am a little confused because I don't remember this on their site from a month ago. I'm hoping I can get the MCITP so I can upgrade to MCSE.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA