Options

Scheduled Security + for the 11th and CCENT for the 18th

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

I have been a coach potato with cert exams since August. but I'm finally making time to take the Sec + exam. Considered I've read Darril's book twice now and the Exam Cram book once.

Any last 14 day pointers?

I'm also feeling daring, I've basically being doing nothing but Cisco router upgrades at work from Adtran routers the past few months (hence why exams have been slacking) and doing a P2V migration to ESXi 5.5 at work for 32 servers down to a 3 server cluster on R620's (NOT VCP certfied, go figure) so I'm over here skimming through the CCENT book and I'm like ok sure this is like a cake walk blind-folded; the content is so simple. Would it be too daring to take the CCENT exactly one week after Sec +?

I'm thinking Networking might be my forte....

Comments

• Options
    I must say I like this Sec + app; these flash cards are helpful to sink in the concepts.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you feel ready for the CCENT go for it, it shouldn't be too difficult for you. 2 exams in a week isn't big of a deal.. only your wallet will feel it having around 450$ less if you paid for them at the same time!
  • Options
    I'm scoring in the high 90% on Darril Gibson's Andriod App for Security +, is that a good sign or not really?

lol - perhaps the famous Darril could interject on that question, lol. I know he's on here somewhere...
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cisco exams are never a walk in the park...
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to it. I love networking in cisco.
  • Options
    I'm now scoring 100% on the Sec + App and I'm feeling pretty confident in the knowledge-retention. I just took Darril's assessment test and got a 93% out of 100 questions; so I think that's pretty good.

Test is on Tuesday, going to review the chapter summaries and chapter tests tonight and take a few more practice tests this weekend. Plus I know all of the ports by heart now.

I want Tuesday to be here now!