New GNS3 v1.0 is out

2»

Comments

• zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aryan7862 wrote: »
    dude can i get the gns 1.0 plz.. im learning ccie R&S hope it will help me and i will be thankfull to u. can u plz upload it and send me link??

If you really do not have extra money to donate $5 then send Stephen an email to ask for a member number. I know a friend who did it and got a member number without donating.
    :study: Life+
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was really excited about GNS3 1.0, but honestly I have not used its new features at all. I need to devote some time to learning how to find/setup an IOU image so that I can use the switching features.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I thought the new GNS3 would offer its own switching platform, not an already existing one. There are tons of bugs in IOU and because of that I still prefer lab rentals.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    I thought the new GNS3 would offer its own switching platform, not an already existing one. There are tons of bugs in IOU and because of that I still prefer lab rentals.

:/ Wonderful.

I dont regret donating the GNS3, I have gotten my monies worth out of it! But that's not good news either.
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Nothing can replace/emulate physical switches due to the face they're built from an ASIC.

I love GNS3 for learning routing, but I definitely use real switches for switching..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently