Options

IIS 5.1 Problems

I'm having problems getting a webpage running on IIS 5.1 to be viewable to people outside of my local network. I have made sure that port 80 is forwarded to the appropriate PC and that WAN requests can pass through. I am assuming that I am missing some setting in the IIS snap-in that would allow others to view the page. Please help me if you can.

Cheeblie

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Does anyone have any knowledge of IIS 5.1? I'de still like this page to be viewable.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    bob johnsonbob johnson Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What are people outside of the network seeing? Is it an error page or are they getting nothing?

Could it be a permissions problem?

Just throwing some questions out... icon_idea.gif
    Bob Johnson
  • Options
    According to people it says "Cannot Find Server" or "DNS Error".

Cheeblie
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Can they access it by using the IP address instead of the hostname?
  • Options
    Well, I just determined the problem. It seems that my ISP blocks incoming HTTP requests, and I was not aware of that. I switched the page to use port 444, and it worked fine. Although that will be rather annoying because anytime someone wants to use my page they'll have to refer to it as http://(ip address):444. I guess I'll just use something like no-ip.com. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Well, it looks like no-ip.com doesn't support allow you to specify a port, so I guess that is out of the question. Anyone have any other ideas?

Cheeblie