Options

ccie r&s v5 materials

sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
first: well....i failed. : ccie

second: well while im still hot on all the topics and with the chance of getting any type v4 seat slim to none ive already had to put myself in the mindset of a v5 lab attempt in the next few months. my current issue is that as of today i am not seeing any v5 materials out and/or timelines for release (INE).

i have heard that the 360 program has some out but i am having a difficult time understanding how to purchase any of their materials without having to spend an arm and a leg. Also i have noticed that with many of their "authorized vendors" to sell the 360 WB/racks/assessments/etc when i click the links are broken or they do not respond to emails with questions about v5.

I just need content relevant labs and rack's to rent so i can continue to lab, that is until INE releases their WB's and mock labs. any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    thanks, ill check out that lab book, the written books are kind of a moot point for me now since with the fail on the lab i get another 18 month window.

has anyone heard anything about ine/ipexpert release dates? i keep hearing cisco live, but that would put me nearly 45 days out of doing INE v4 workbook 2 labs (which is fine) but i would also like to be getting my feet wet with the new v5 topics on the lab.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    IPexpert should be releasing in the next month or two their Workbooks. In the meanwhile, I would just practice DMVPN's, speed and your weak points.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    im guessing INE will fall in line with IPexpert and both release something right around Cisco Live.

any idea what track that DMVPN/BFD/IPSEC used to be part of? i am assuming security?
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    INE already posted a few good DMVPN articles, but yes use the Security track to get familiar with it.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    im going to pick up the all access pass and try to build a interim location for the new subjects videos/workbooks to help everyone bridge the gap while we wait for the v5 materials.
  • Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FloOz wrote: »

Is that still the case? I pre-ordered it and thought it was due out in May, now the Amazon page is showing August...
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't notice that...well that is really upsetting if it's true
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Guess there won't be many test takers in June/July then... :D
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Guess there won't be many test takers in June/July then... :D

so far the general consensus from emailing various vendors this morning is the v4 to v5 material conversion is looking like early/mid may 2014.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Times well for me for October for my lab then. I basically have 6 full months left before my lab. While it is coming together nicely, I've got many more hour to put in at the command line.
  • Options
    wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    I have written confirmation from INE that if you purchase their v4 workbooks, v5 updates come for free.

I don't think any of the OSPF/EIGRP/BGP/MPLS etc. stuff is going to change really, 80% of the exam will be the same, except lots more IPv6, no more frame, switch QoS or PfR, but now site to site IPSEC + DMVPN thrown in.

Its the written exam that screws you - ISIS, GetVPN+L2VPN, IPv6 tunnelling, VSS. I am thinking of rushing the written before June 30th, but I'm not sure how long I will take to prep for v5 lab so not sure whether to get that timer ticking just yet.
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have written confirmation from INE that if you purchase their v4 workbooks, v5 updates come for free.

Their policy has always been updates for free. They changed their forever free updates to up to two version changes, at least that's what I remember.