Options

Passed ITIL Foundation

EcioEcio Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there,
I passed the ITIL Foundation on Wednesday at the end of a 3 days course (in class with Instructor, fortunately paid by my company as I think it was 1200+VAT).
Just some feedback:
-ITIL is quite interesting, of course it is "just" a framework so it's up to you to get which part are the more easily applicable to your company (and how to do it). It helped me to understand some processes that are already in place in my company, something that could be improved (, but also something that could be quite difficult to apply if you don't hire twice the people :)
-the material is not difficult at all, I would say almost everything is common sense but still you need to learn new terms, processes, etc.., understand them and study a bit otherwise you'll have to rely too much on luck and intuition on the exam
-according to the instructor (maybe Claire has different numbers) the pass rate for ITILF is around 80%, but he said also that 90% of those who pass are between 26 and 30 (the pass score is 26/40) and a good number of those who fail is around 23-25 (so a sort of normal distribution but quite compressed around the pass score of 26). He also added that typically out of 40 questions 20 are about knowing (terms etc..) and 20 about understanding (processes etc..). He also said that typically in the "understanding" questions there could be 5-6 questions quite difficult that need a good understanding of the matter and there could also be 2-3 questions that are "wrong" (with wrong I mean unclear in a way that could lead you to choose the wrong answer. I remember I found one of them in the sample exam as well). That "scared" us a bit as of course you don't want to fail an exam with such a high pass rate and you don't want to fail it because of just one or two questions.
- the exam was in the afternoon of the last day, according to the instructor they have seen in the past that this could be better compared to waiting days (coming back to work an forgetting many things)
-at the end all of us (4 ppl) passed and I personally had a really high score (even though I was really unsure on at least 5-6 questions)

I think that's all I hope this could be useful for someone.

PS I don't know if I'll advance further in ITIL with other courses/exams, considering the fact that it is not cheap doing it on your own, it will surely depend on my company's choices

Comments