Options

Welcome to the new forum

Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
Welcome Everyone....

This will be our new section for the CCIE.....Although, I have not passed the lab "YET", I have taken it...so if you have questions about the written exam or lab prep, let me know. I am still learning myself, but maybe we can get each other through it.. icon_lol.gif I know there are some other very smart Cisco people on this board that can chime in too.

So, good luck to everyone and let the fun begin!

Kenny
Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't plan to go for CCIE for a long time, and I'm sure there are very few people here that have the cert/title. If you don't mind my asking, how well did you do when you took your CCNA and CCNP?

I've failed CCNA two times, so it makes me think that I don't know as much as I thought I did.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Actually, I took my CCNA twice. I took it about six years ago...and it was one of those buzz words. I had just started doing very little Cisco stuff. I read one book and took the test... haha icon_lol.gif And I scored like I had very little experience and only read one book. I deserved the score I got.

After more experience, I went back and scored pretty good. At this time, I started doing a lot more with the equipment. About a year and a half later, I started taking the NP exams. Because of the experience over that year and a half, I went through the NP exams pretty easy. First time pass on each of them. During that time also took the DA and DP exams. I also started getting into Cisco security.....I took several of those exams and ran into my second failed exam.... IDS. Not sure what the hell I did wrong....before I hit enter, I thought I had nailed it.

Eventually, I took the CCIE R/S written exam. I scored just over the passing mark for this exam. But, hey...a pass is a pass. After taking that exam, I started focusing in other areas and left the Cisco stuff behind for a while. My written exam expired. So, when it was time to renew my NP and DP, I just retook the written and scored much higher this time. And finally six years after I started I took the lab in San Jose. While it wasn't as bad as I had heard, I still had my butt handded to me. icon_lol.gif

So, now I am out for blood. I have to get this thing done....

That is my story..

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I've failed CCNA two times, so it makes me think that I don't know as much as I thought I did.

KG

this is always the case...well, at least with me. The more I learn, the more I realize I don't really know crap. That's just life. icon_lol.gif

Kenny
    Kenny