Job Dilemma

TByrd450TByrd450 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I currently work Part-Time in a computer repair firm. I like my boss. I only got the job because I know him and I know how to do stuff. I did not have any certifications when he hired me. I am I high school, and my IT teacher is recommending people to work over the summer for computer work. I am only being recommended because I will have Strata and A+ in a few days. I like my current job, but I don't get a lot I hours. About 50 over the past 3 months. I make decent pay for my age, but I don't have a set schedule. My boss just calls me when he needs an extra hand. If I work for the school I will have set hours and I will probably be able to work more hours. What should I do. Should I tell my current boss?

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would take whichever route will provide you with the opportunity to learn the most. Being in High School still you have a unique opportunity to learn all you can before graduating and either going to college or looking for a full-time job or both. If the school option allows you to get your hands on more technologies and learn more than go that route, same applies to the current job.
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I say take the job. Having a set schedule in a more professional setting will mean a lot to future employers.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm sure your current boss would understand why you would be taking something a little more stable. It's a decision pretty much anyone would make.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would take the steady job, just let your current boss know and why. Probably a good chance he can still give you work that will fit your new schedule.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )