Options

Failed with 844

pichi63pichi63 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I failed this morning with a 844 and a passing score of 849. Here is the breakdown:

Planning and Design 90%
Implementation and Operation 62%
Troubleshooting 90%
Technology 76%

I had a meltdown on the router sim question. I just could not remember a key command I needed to continue. I was freaking out so I skipped the question because it was taking too long and I was starting to panic. That was the difference. Of course the moment I was done I remebered the command I needed and felt like a real jacka$$.

So my questions are:

How can I improve in the theme Technology?
Do you get partial credit for some of the objectives of the routersim? I mean, if I had at least assigned some IPs to the switch would I have passed? I could have done that I suppose.
844 is how close? Less than one question? Two questions???

Very frustrated,

Pedro Sosa

PS. I (me, not my company..in fact I am unemployed) paid 180 euros for this test (ouch). Thats about $220 US. How much do you guys pay?

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd just recommend getting the labs down pat, so you won't be in a situation like that next time. The fact that the labs give you major points and only cover easy configurations, you could say that they are the easy part of the exam. :)

That was really close though, take it again as soon as you can. You usually get similar questions, similar labs, etc
    I failed it on monday with a 700. Just brush up and read over everything again, so you can locate what your missing.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Three words for you: "GET A SIMULATOR." crash.gif

Better luck next time.... icon_cat.gif

- optimus
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I failed this morning with a 844 and a passing score of 849. Here is the breakdown:

Planning and Design 90%
    Troubleshooting 90%
    Technology 76%

You scored pretty well in the first and third part. The implementation part got hold of you though. You need to get more hands-on to score higher on that part. If I'm not wrong, that where the sims' scores go.

There is partial score on the exam. Better luck next time.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    pichi63 wrote:
    Hello,

Planning and Design 90%
    Troubleshooting 90%
    Technology 76%

I had a meltdown on the router sim question. I just could not remember a key command I needed to continue. I was freaking out so I skipped the question because it was taking too long and I was starting to panic. That was the difference. Of course the moment I was done I remebered the command I needed and felt like a real jacka$$.

So my questions are:

How can I improve in the theme Technology?
    Do you get partial credit for some of the objectives of the routersim? I mean, if I had at least assigned some IPs to the switch would I have passed? I could have done that I suppose.
    844 is how close? Less than one question? Two questions???

Very frustrated,

Pedro Sosa

PS. I (me, not my company..in fact I am unemployed) paid 180 euros for this test (ouch). Thats about $220 US. How much do you guys pay?

In the US the exam cost $125.00. Good luck next time!
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    all the best next time..hang in there..you are almost there!!!Just do more on sim and revison..will get you goin!!!
  • Options
    pichi63pichi63 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Again,

Thanks for all the good advice. But I am still a little lost by the theme of Technology. What do I need to go over to raise my score in that area?

The Boson simulator looks great and I will give it a try before I retake the test next Tuesday.

Hasta Luego,

Pedro