CCENT Pass 04/07

davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed it with 894 this morning. My score may not reflect it but I found the exam to be easier than I expected. I never took a Cisco test before and I was mentally prepared to fail it, but halfway through it I knew I'd pass.

Like others mentioned, subnetting is huge on this exam. Be comfortable with subnetting and you'll get at least a quarter of the questions right. Some questions could have come in straight from Network+ exam too.

I used Lammle's book as my main source, it's easy to read but it has a lot of typos and errors, might as well bookmark his errata online. I looked through Odom's and did all those DIKTA questions to see where I'm lacking. I watched through CBT Nuggets once.

I'd also recommend CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide by Scott Empson. It's a nice condensed command guide that's easy to carry around. I was bringing it to my day job to read on breaks and what not. It helps with not forgetting commands and basic configurations. It's totally worth the $20, in my opinion.

For labbing I got a couple of 1841 routers and 3550 switches, but I found it easier to just use GNS3 for most of my router simulations.

Onto CCNA!

Comments

• gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    nice man, so many passes recently, i have mine last friday of this month and feel a little stressed. I am using his book and cbt nuggets
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I'm presently revising for my own crack at the CCENT exam, but I'm not quite there yet (Although my subnetting is now a lot quicker). Hoping to book it soon, so thanks for the advice and congrats again :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • FaboFabo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Do you remember how many questions were on the exam?
    2015 Goals: ICND1 (Feb), ICND2 (May), LX0-101 (Aug), LX0-102 (Nov)
  • MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the heads up!!
  • skittledmonkeyskittledmonkey Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations - How long are you planning on studying for the ICND2? I have just past my ICDN1, but dont get a lot of time to study, so it will be 4 or 5 months for me I think.
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm actually on a 6 weeks vacation now and there's plenty of time to study, so the plan is take ICND2 soon after I get back into US. The goal is end of May.
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Calito360Calito360 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.