what to do

ijafarijafar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a BBA in MIS and about to complete my MBA in finance. I had a CCNA certification back in 2001 but I did not work in IT. what should I do to get back into IT? I see so many job relate to IT compare to finance.
Any suggestion?

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oracle devs and business systems support that understand the finance side of the house make a nice chunk of change. The CCNA has changed some since 2001 but not dramatically. What type of IT work do you want to do? You'll probably want to answer that question first before we can point you further down the road.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • TByrd450TByrd450 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest A+, Network+, and Security+. Depending on what you want to do, these might be useless, but they will definitely draw out your passion.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just saying there are so many jobs in IT doesn't mean a lot though, they are competitive and there are so many different specializations. You bothered to get an MBA in finance for a reason, does it not interest you anymore?
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was interested in the same question Daniel asks, you pursued a MBA in Finance, what is making you go back and want to get into IT/Networking now?