Options

Passed! 852

bostianzbostianz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was a bit nervous going into it, since I forgot how a lot of the questions are worded. I also read darrils book. I read through all his remember me's from the book, studied his app religiously everyday, and even used a study sheet some anon posted here.

The only performance question I think I missed was setting up security controls on a floor. They gave you all these security controls you had to place near laptops, servers, etc. Cable locks, biometric, cctv, safe, etc and multiples of each to where it didnt really make sense to me.

Anyways I passed and now time to figure out what to move onto next!

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Options
    djentlemetaldjentlemetal Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job!
    AAS - Networking and Cyber Security
    Security+ COLOR=red]X[/COLOR CCENT COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: R&S COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: Collaboration [ ]
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bostianzbostianz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone got any tips on how to decide what to go for next? Was thinking CCNA or CCENT.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    bostianz wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on how to decide what to go for next? Was thinking CCNA or CCENT.

CCNA is my next pursuit after the Sec + exam on Tuesday.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    CCENT is a great place to head next!
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job, good score!
  • Options
    hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Congrats!
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

I guess we can talk about it a bit but there is the NDA. I think a similar SIM was discussed on the Gibbs site however.

I did not have a problem with most of the items, but there was one item that you had to place in two locations. One of the locations didn't seem to fit of the two and wouldn't make sense that the item is used twice in the same location? I was just wonder how they score these SIMs? If you miss one item do you fail the entire SIM or just the one location of the many?

I was hoping I would have scored higher on the Security+ also but time to move on to other things. Looking for CISSP material I actually came across the Security+ Army training material. If I had their material from the beginning I think I would have done better.
    bostianz wrote: »
    Was a bit nervous going into it, since I forgot how a lot of the questions are worded. I also read darrils book. I read through all his remember me's from the book, studied his app religiously everyday, and even used a study sheet some anon posted here.

The only performance question I think I missed was setting up security controls on a floor. They gave you all these security controls you had to place near laptops, servers, etc. Cable locks, biometric, cctv, safe, etc and multiples of each to where it didnt really make sense to me.

Anyways I passed and now time to figure out what to move onto next!