Question About Voucher Expiration

jlacroixjlacroix Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I currently have a voucher to take the CCNA, but life has had me so overwhelmed the past several months that I haven't had any time to study. Now I finally have the time, but the voucher expires on May 20th. I don't think that's enough time for me to be prepared. I've Googled around and some people claim that as long as you schedule the exam by the expire date, you're fine. Others suggest the test has to actually be taken before the expiration date. I'm not sure which to believe, but I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. For example, maybe I can schedule the test now for July to give myself some extra time. I hope it works like that.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Where did you get the voucher? That is who you should be contacting for the correct info.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • jlacroixjlacroix Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where did you get the voucher? That is who you should be contacting for the correct info.
    I don't see how the voucher provider would have anything to do with answering this question. They just provide me with the voucher, and my question is regarding how this works in practice, as far as I know there shouldn't be anything unique from one vendor to another.
  • HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    I think he may be suggesting that whoever gave you the voucher, maybe able to extend it for you. I’m only guessing.

I don’t know how it works either, but I am wondering if you schedule it as close to the expiration date now, then when you get a chance reschedule it and see how many time you can reschedule.
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pearson VUE Test Vouchers - Cisco Testing

You gotta take it by the expiration date
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    jlacroix wrote: »
    I don't see how the voucher provider would have anything to do with answering this question. They just provide me with the voucher, and my question is regarding how this works in practice, as far as I know there shouldn't be anything unique from one vendor to another.

Well, if someone can't give me specifics on the expiration of the voucher I'm not going to buy from them that is for sure.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • jlacroixjlacroix Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    Pearson VUE Test Vouchers - Cisco Testing

You gotta take it by the expiration date
    Thanks, that settles that. I'll try to cram before then and hopefully make it.