Options

MTA 98-365 Advice

missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am taking the MTA 98-365 on the 21st of this month. This is my first Microsoft Exam.
I passed my Comptia Strata IT Fundamentals exam recently and thought this might be the
next step. Does anyone have any helpful study guides or advice? I am using cbt nuggets to
study will that be enough. I am watching one a day till the exam. I do have access to the
wiley book are certain chapters better than others? Anyone have any helpful links. I have
been working in IT for 10 months but we don't do much in AD other than reset passwords, we
use an application on top of AD. Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    zidianzidian Member Posts: 132
    It's a pretty easy exam. I would read the entire book just to get familiarized with the topics. You need to know the basic AD structure and how all the different objects relate to each other. Honestly, you'll probably know most of the terms at least vaguely. Look at the book to get the "Microsoft definitions" and you should do just fine. I took the exam on 3 days of study in January only using the official Microsoft book and passed with a 90. I work in software development and have only played with AD as a hobby if that gives any clue to how easy the exam is.

EDIT: Quick edit. One thing I highly recommend, if you have access to a test network, go through and set up a number of the different objects. Just going through it a couple times should cement the knowledge for you.
    WGU BS-IT Software | Completed 9/30/2014
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 to zidian's reccomendation.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone explain to me how the second shot vouchers work? I am not paying for the exam my school is will this affect it. I want to have a backup plan if possible.