Options

Passed!! 876

BosskBossk Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not sure if it I was just being lazy or if I had built Security+ up on a pedestal, but this has been on the list a long time. I started WGU in February which has been a nice kick in the pants to get me back on track. Actually started the Security+ class on April 1st, got my voucher a week later, and passed the test yesterday! Admittedly, I didn't study all that hard. I found that I knew way more than I gave myself credit for...15 years experience, common sense, and lurking TE surely didn't hurt either. icon_cool.gif

Materials used:
LabSim
ucertify
Darril's book and website (subscribing is well worth $20)

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats, I concur the $20 was a cheap investment for a positive outcome! ~ just got mine yesterday. :)
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    How are you liking WGU?
  • Options
    BosskBossk Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For me, WGU is a breath of fresh air. It's been a good experience from the start.
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats! Taking mine in about 2 weeks. Darril's book has been great!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Bossk wrote: »
    For me, WGU is a breath of fresh air. It's been a good experience from the start.

Good. Glad to hear it.

I had a strange experience with them.

I was all set up and ready to start. I had passed all the entrance exams, had agreed on a start date and was filling out the financial papers. I asked the advisor to check into one thing for me. She said she'd call me back in an hour, and I never heard from her again.

Very shortly after that, I got a promotion that required moving 500 miles away, so I just looked at the whole thing as a blessing in disguise. It would have been impossible to continue WGU while moving and starting a new position.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□