Options

setting up gns3

jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all, thank you for providing your feedback and looking through my post. I have installed gns3 and all the services for windows 7. When I open my gns3 it is very limited to only switches, the routers and all other components are grayed out. I can't seem to find anything that shows exactly what to do for situation. Unlike gns3, packet tracer has all the ios. I was wondering can I use the ios of my physical hardware to use gns3. I am going after my voice and security cert so I need to be able to use different ios and different equipment. Is there a set ios that you guys recommend for gns3 for the labs I can do in gns3 for my ccna voice and security studies. If anyone could help out with some screen shots showing how to set this up would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can copy your IOS off of your physical equipment to use. The licensing is all done by Cisco but to my knowledge they don't enforce this for home labs.

The GNS3 site has the setup instructions for how to install the IOS files so I'll let you refer to there documentation rather then try to remake it for them. I am still working on CCENT/CCNA so I can't help you with more advanced image options.

Good Luck
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's the link:

Quick Start Guide for Windows Users - GNS3

Remember to do the IDLE PC value like it says in the guide.