Options

fredrik's thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    After spending most weekend playing Dark Souls 2 (disappointing, the first one is so much better it's crazy) I finally finished my post on IPv6 tunneling: https://fredrikjj.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/ipv6-over-ipv4-tunneling/

When writing it I mostly learned new things about 6rd and ISATAP. Not being satisfied with IPv6 Fundamentals and reading a white paper on 6rd was a pretty good idea because it's pretty clearly superior to 6to4 in every respect as far as I can tell. I also refreshed my understand of DMVPN by rereading some old blog posts and implementing NHRP for IPv6 for the first time. The key thing to remember is that you need to create mappings to the hub's link local addresses for routing protocols to work, but if you know that ipv6 routing protocols use link local, that should be fairly self evident. I got it working without any particular extra reading beyond the IPv4 material.

One issue I ran into was that XRv at least doesn't seem to support ipv6 in ipv4 encapsulation (only gre) or 6to4. I've tried to find some information on if this is just me not knowing my way around XR, an XRv limitation or if XR itself doesn't support these encapsulations. Based on failing to dig anything up through Google, I have a feeling that these are IOS specific features. It's strange then that the CCNP SP blueprint claims that you should be able to configure them on XR.