Options

ITIL RCV exam - any tips about KPIs and CSFs question?

mikelau13mikelau13 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
One question in my exam, it was about "what are the best KPIs in this scenario", and it have options look like this:

(a). "Percentage of bugs per change request"
(b). "Reduction of percentage of bugs per change request"
(c). "Reduction of percentage of bugs per change request being authorized and entered into CMS software XXXX" (note: the scenario mentioned how changes are being managed in company Y and what improvement are to be made)
(d). "Reduction of total number of bugs"

I picked (c), then I got 0 point. I was not surprised that I am not getting 5, but I was totally stunned that when I know I got 0 on that question.

I guess that the question about KPI/CSF are NOT really testing if you know to pick which KPIs are the best, however it is trying to test if you know how to write the English properly.

Any expert here know any good tips of what do I need to pay attention on this type of KPI/CSF question?

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Mike

What process was the question referring to? As that would make a significant difference to the answer.

Kind regards

Claire
  • Options
    And thx Clarie, you also just pointed out something important, I will go to configure out if there are any significant differences between KPIs on different process.

The question was referring to either SACM or KM - the question was trying to mix the wordings a bit between these two. The background is something like the SACM was set up, however bugs and etc are still bad, so the company just went though some review of the existing process and rebuild a bit, there are some criteria (some are about knowledge management) and I need to set up KPIs to monitor the performance.
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Mike

The process being measured is definitely important, as key performance indicators show how well it is performing. For example "number of incorrectly assigned incidents" could be an incident management/service desk KPI, but "number of incidents related to hardware" would just be a metric, not a KPI for them as they have no influence over the quality of hardware purchased.

Your training provider should be able to provide you with some support and also guidance about which syllabus areas to focus on based on the exam feedback.

Claire
  • Options
    Thx Claire, i definitely learned a lesson from you.

So I need to pick the KPIs to measure THE process which should be software/tool-ignorant.

The training provider didn't provide any "tips" like this...

Hopefully I won't get 0 again when i re-take the exam.