CCNP labs using INE's rack

silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I will need to take an exam to keep my current CCNP. My old lab is gone and to best honest I don't miss the noise and heat...

My CCNP skills are also quite rusty as I havent done any Cisco work in the last 2 years...

I need to fix this icon_wink.gif and would like to review all the CCNP stuff and walk my way on the CCNP Labs.

I like the INE stuff and I was wondering If I can buy the cisco Lab book and use INE's racks to do it. Would that work?

Thank you all

Comments

  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yeah I'm sure you could make it work. Might not be the exact same physical technology, but I'm sure you could figure it out.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • thenappyonethenappyone Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    It doesn't seem very practical to be honest because you'll spend time adjusting their rack to the topologies in that lab manual. Not that it can't be done, it just seems annoying considering how short each lab is and that there's no fixed topology.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Have you considered GNS3? I'm curious as to why you would use a INE rack over GNS3 for CCNP studies.
  • silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Have you considered GNS3? I'm curious as to why you would use a INE rack over GNS3 for CCNP studies.



    Would do it basically for switching.. but I see your point... I may buy 2 3550 and a 2 2960 instead
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am a member of the website how to network dot com (which is by the same guy behind ccnp simplfied book series) and with the $20 monthly membership he gives free access to 2 ccnp racks with a max of 2 hrs usage per day. I personally haven't tried it yet since it just became available. There are two racks and each rack features 4 x 3550 switches and 4 x 1841 routers running IOS 15.x so suitable for CCNA RS and CCNP RS. It may be worth a look. This is the topology diagram:

  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Or you could always look on ebay I seen 3550-24's go for $45 a pop but you have to be on top of the bidding. You have to be vigilant on Ebay to get the deals. Two weeks ago I took a chance on a AS-IS 3750-48ps-s it was AS-IS because they didn't know to test it. I bought it for $25 with shipping I fully tested it and it works. I tend to look for as-is stuff from a asset recovery dealers because they usually don't know what they're doing.
  • silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought 2x 3560, 2x 3550, 1x 1841 and a 2811

    Guess that will keep me busy for a while (and also save on the heating bill)
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Or you could always look on ebay I seen 3550-24's go for $45 a pop but you have to be on top of the bidding. You have to be vigilant on Ebay to get the deals. Two weeks ago I took a chance on a AS-IS 3750-48ps-s it was AS-IS because they didn't know to test it. I bought it for $25 with shipping I fully tested it and it works. I tend to look for as-is stuff from a asset recovery dealers because they usually don't know what they're doing.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,770 ■■■■■■■■□□
    silalaval wrote: »
    I bought 2x 3560, 2x 3550, 1x 1841 and a 2811

    Guess that will keep me busy for a while (and also save on the heating bill)

    I ran my rack to my basement and I just have 3 network wires in my office to connect to the access server, my pc, and a second cable for my laptop. It did not take long to realize I could not stand the noise while trying to work on it.

    Good Luck
Sign In or Register to comment.