Took the CCENT and didn't pass

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
A little disappointed, but knew I wasn't quite ready. Took the test and failed by 50 points. I scored perfectly on the ipv4 so I just need to work on my commands. The only thing that probably failed me were my show commands and I know what i need to practice, pretty sure i'll pass next week, I need to move onto icnd2!

I just rescheduled for my second attempt next Friday, but I have a question, I purchased the bundle exam prep, MeasureUp with the exam, how do I redeem this? Will i get something else in my email? i dont see any codes on pearson vues website

Comments

• santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    No worries I didn't pass on my first attempt. I have yet to give it a second go yet, but I put it on my individual learning plan at work. Now I can justify reading and studying for it while on company time.
  • typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't be discouraged by a certification failure. My first ever certification was the ICND and I had no clue what to expect, and I failed by 2 points. I just took the paperwork showing where my weak areas were, cracked the book and focused on them areas and honed in on the subnetting. I re-tested a week later and made a 920. You can do it, especially now that you know the format of the test.
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    good luck on the retest.

I plan to test on Friday and I don't really know if I am ready. However I need to get exposed to the exam environment at some point. I plan to retest in a month if I fail. With all the time and money I have put into this study the additional test cost is not a big concern. I just want to understand the material.
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    'Show running config', 'show ip protocols', 'show int' and 'show ip int br' are probably some of the only commands you need to know.

What you should do is read the output of a running configuration many times and know what to expect where.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently