Options

CCNA recertifing

dynamitekiddynamitekid Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, i took my CCNA 6 years ago and want to get it certified to pursue a network role. I did not use my CCNA at my job since i mostly deal with Windows servers so my knowledge is rusty. My sub-netting and basic understanding about routing/switching is still there but i forgot a lot of the commands and the intricacies related to routing ans switching. My question is CBT NUggets or Train Signal enough to pass the exam or do i need to go through a book again?

Comments

• Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you trying to pass the test or learn the material? Answering that will tell you what you need to do.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As above, very easy to pass any Cisco exam, but hard to pass and know everthing in depth.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What is your motivation for certifying? They have changed the CCNA in the last year so it is different then it was in the past. However if you have real world experience watching the videos and labbing with a sim will probably bring it all back very quickly.

Good Luck
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    xnx wrote: »
    As above, very easy to pass any Cisco exam, but hard to pass and know everthing in depth.

Very easy to pass? You must be Mr. Ripley.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lets rephrase that, it's easy to memorise stuff and pass an exam, it is multiple choice at the end of the day, obviously the labs on the CCNP exams are going to be more difficult.

Not trying to put anyone down or be 'cocky' but I fear maths type exams more where you're given a equation or a problem and have to solve it with nothing to help you cancel down the solutions.

I understand my experience might be different since i'm still at university and very used to exams, having even sat three 2 1/2 hour exams in one day before..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    weakness33weakness33 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xnx wrote: »

i see that someone is flexing their Mensa Member status.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Todd Lammle's books are what you need.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    broli720 wrote: »
    Are you trying to pass the test or learn the material? Answering that will tell you what you need to do.
    Wow, that was a really GREAT answer. You write CISSP questions on your spare time? icon_lol.gif
    Hello guys, i took my CCNA 6 years ago and want to get it certified to pursue a network role. I did not use my CCNA at my job since i mostly deal with Windows servers so my knowledge is rusty. My sub-netting and basic understanding about routing/switching is still there but i forgot a lot of the commands and the intricacies related to routing ans switching. My question is CBT NUggets or Train Signal enough to pass the exam or do i need to go through a book again?
    You do have the concepts down, so I think that watching CBT Nuggets videos and working with simulators will get you ready enough for CCNA R&S and working with commands.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I'd suggest Chris Bryant course on udemy.com, think the coupon code still works to make it like $44, thinks its BULLDOG60 bit you'd have to google that. He has the slides he uses in his lectures as an eBook with some additional info, and really great topic summaries at the end that recaps important test subjects like default behaviors / metrics / etc.

That's all I used for my CCNA, also got his CCNA Sec and CCNP courses purchased and ready to go once I'm done with my current endeavor.

Good luck!