Options

CCNA 200-120 Video Tutorials

senjamiravilasenjamiravila Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everyone! I have a video tutorial which are Cisco 640-816 (ICND2) Cisco 640-822 (ICND1). My question is, can I use these as my reference for my 200-120 preparation? Are they outdated? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    No and yes.

+1... Chris Bryant has a really good CCNA video series on Udemy for $44 which is well worth the money in my opinion, it also covers the newer syllabus for the CCNA.
  • Options
    EXAMCCIEEXAMCCIE Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    +1... Chris Bryant has a really good CCNA video series on Udemy for $44 which is well worth the money in my opinion, it also covers the newer syllabus for the CCNA.

Being that these are called Boot Camp videos, do these require hands on real world experience with Cisco Routers and Switches?
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EXAMCCIE wrote: »
    Being that these are called Boot Camp videos, do these require hands on real world experience with Cisco Routers and Switches?

+1 icon_cheers.gif
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I don't think they require it - not to say that it wouldn't be helpful though. Books, CBT's and and network simulator seem to be doing the trick for me...at the CCNA level anyway.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Perfect, no need to make another post. I just got a few CBT video's from a fellow co-worker that is going on the CCNP pursuit now after getting his CCNA and he said the CBT video's are pretty detailed for a video like they tell you real-world stuff.

anyone else use the CBT nuggets videos?
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Yes, as an introduction to each topic. Some nuggets go way beyond scope others barely touch it. I would never use it as a primary source.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    ...anyone else use the CBT nuggets videos?

I used the CBT Nuggets videos for the previous CCNA routing and switch exam. When I had to study for the new 200-120 exam, I used the CBT Nuggets videos and Infinite Skills. I used the Chris Bryant Boot Camp for 200-120 as a review 1 week before my exam date. All 3 had a different way of presenting the material, but overall, I liked the CBT Nuggets the best since Jeremy describes the information a little better for me and relates it to real-world situations.

As a note, I did not solely rely on these videos for my studies. I had 3 class in college and self studied between the Lammel and Odom books. When I failed twice before on the old exam and thought I was really missing something I even went as far as buying and piecing together my own lab to play with. However, two resources I started but never finished viewing was Lammel Press videos and CCNA For Dummies (latest).

I do recommend that you get a hold of 1000 CCNA Questions by the "For Dummies" to review before you take the exam. I was able to borrow it from my local library and they were a good refresher from the end of book study questions.
    hi everyone! I have a video tutorial which are Cisco 640-816 (ICND2) Cisco 640-822 (ICND1). My question is, can I use these as my reference for my 200-120 preparation? Are they outdated? Thanks!

I wouldn't advise it since there has been some new material added (like HSRP/GLBP/SNMP & netflow) and a few that was dropped (like RIP & SDM). You can use it as reference to review topics covered between both like OSPF, but I would not use older material to study for the latest CCNA exam, especially the new CCENT exam which added material like OSPF & NAT that was never covered in the older CCENT exams. If you or anyone wanted advice or recommended materials for study, feel free to private message me.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.