Which cert path

leoingleleoingle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So my ultimate goal is to end up with CCNP Collab. But I dont want to do just the Collab test because I feel the R&S test are important.

So should I do the levels together (i.e. CCNA R&S, then CCNA Collab, then CCNP R&S, then CCNP Collab)?

Or do the types together? (i.e. CCNA R&S, then CCNP R&S, then CCNA Collab, then CCNP Collab)?

Comments

• dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The second option is generally recommended because it builds up a good base
  • leoingleleoingle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I figured that would be the path that would make the most sense. I'm still open to hearing some other point of views though.
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    leoingle,

One of my biggest regret professionally to date, is not just bearing down and getting a CCIE. I used to hop around from cert to cert for a laundry list of reasons. If your goal is Collab, just go down the path, and do it. Don't look back, and just plow through it.

Don't worry about not knowing some piece of networking/IT. You won't know it all, ever. Anyone who says that they know/do it all is either A)delusional B) Insecure or C) Working on a very small environment for way too long.
  • leoingleleoingle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nutsy wrote: »
    leoingle,

One of my biggest regret professionally to date, is not just bearing down and getting a CCIE. I used to hop around from cert to cert for a laundry list of reasons. If your goal is Collab, just go down the path, and do it. Don't look back, and just plow through it.

Don't worry about not knowing some piece of networking/IT. You won't know it all, ever. Anyone who says that they know/do it all is either A)delusional B) Insecure or C) Working on a very small environment for way too long.
    I wouldnt venture any further out of the Collab realm beyond the R&S CCNA and CCNP.