Options

Any oracle guys here?

I am fighting with a vendor about his files being currupt and he keeps giving me the run around.

Basically I was given a database to restore, they only provided the .dbf and the redo log files. He said they provided the control files as well but they were not on the cd they gave me that contained 4 tar.gz files. I have restored all the database files that they gave me to a new instance and tried to create new control files using the below script.

Now the original database was obviously hosted on a linux box running redhat. The vendor provided us with an oracle windows CD so we are now on a Windows platform, but I have done this before and I haven't had problems before. So I am assuming somehow in the process of burning it to CD it currupted the bin formatting of the database files. As you can see by the OSD based error message oracle is on a windows box.

I have consulted 2 other SQL/Oracle guys that I have high respect for and they say the same thing.

CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "ADPDB" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG
MAXLOGFILES 16
MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
MAXDATAFILES 30
MAXINSTANCES 1
MAXLOGHISTORY 17016
LOGFILE
GROUP 1 'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\redo01a.log' SIZE 100M,
GROUP 2 'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\redo02a.log' SIZE 100M,
GROUP 3 'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\redo03a.log' SIZE 100M
DATAFILE
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\system01.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs1.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs2.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs3.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs4.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs5.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs6.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs7.dbf',
'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\tkcs8.dbf'
CHARACTER SET WE8DEC
;

Every time I try to create control files on any of the .dbf files he gave me it gives me the following error.

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed

ORA-01565: error in identifying file 'D:\Oracle\oradata\adpdb\system01.dbf'

ORA-27048: skgfifi: file header information is invalid

OSD-04004: invalid file header

Comments