Options

CCENT or CCNA?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NeekoNeeko Member Posts: 170
    msethk wrote: »
    Well I'll give you some info...

640-802 is between 50-60 questions and you gotta make a 849/1000.

ICND1&2 are both between 50-60 questions and you gotta make an 804. Basically 80%.

Just know your stuff and you'll do fine.

I would have thought the 802 would have more questions?
  • Options
    fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    msethk wrote: »
    Well I'll give you some info...

640-802 is between 50-60 questions and you gotta make a 849/1000.

ICND1&2 are both between 50-60 questions and you gotta make an 804. Basically 80%.

Just know your stuff and you'll do fine.

Awesome, thanks...

I figured it was somewhere around 80-85%, it's just reassuring to know the expectation so I can gauge when I am actually ready. Some have stated their opinions and don't feel it's important to know this information. That one should just know it all, well I don't necessarily agree with that because you are not going to every fully understand everything there is to know about cisco's equipment and theories, unless you obtain all the certs and you have been working with the equipment, manufacturers, design team, programmers etc for many years.

Also since childhood (at least in the US) we always have had a scale or expectation for passing or failng. It's in the fabric from which we have studied in the past. For example, in science class, we had to know all the contents or a chapter or two and we practice that knowledge in various methods to learn it. We only felt as confident about our potential results that was relative or our studying and memorizing the material and the comfort of knowing if we made a 70 or better we would pass the test. Of course I always tried for the "A", that is the expectation to a point from the getgo!

Why should cisco be any different? Anyhow, I'm sure they have there reasons.

However it's nice to know, if I know 85% of it, I'm going to pass the test more than likely (however that is not even a garauntee, because I could CHOKE icon_cry.gif !!!

I know it's silly, but it's also silly for HR reps might value the two certs over one, among other things.

Good day and Thanks again!
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • Options
    fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    What would you all recommend as my primary studying material for 640-822, seeing that I grew up with the Wendell Odom series of books, I'm leaning towards one ofthe Cisco Press books. Heck, I think I have a NetSim in them I have never used!

I like condensed versions of things though and Wendell seems "wordy", I don't want to read a book that is going to go over every little detail and originating idea, along with the history of how we got here. I want the abridged version I guess.

So what would you all suggest??? icon_study.gif

Any feedback?
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    Any feedback?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html -- it has a suggested book section.

Odom Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library and Todd's Sybex book.

Add the CBT Nuggets and/or Train Signal Videos if you're a "video person" and don't mind spending the money.

People who still think they need a "boost" to their studies can look at the Chris Bryant Advantage material.

I liked the Cisco Press Flash Cards and Exam Practice Packs for the CCNP, CCSP, and CCVP. The Reference Sheets that used to come on the CD seem to be available for purchase now on the Cisco Press website and are available as a downloaded PDF file.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!