Options

Local Significance of DLCI

2»

Comments

• Options
    solnsusiesolnsusie Member Posts: 128
    typesh wrote: »
    Doesn't this seem a little bit opposing though...? Like you said, FL doesn't know about NY's 301, but the frame-relay map tells it the destination DLCI.... Check out my textbook example below...

I was thinking that too...

But here is a picture of the example in my text.

Consider the example when Mayberry sends to Mount Pilot. Notice that the DLCI When Frame Is Sent column is actually 52. Which is the DLCI of Mount Pilot, and not of Mayberry. This is where the airport example you mentioned kinda falls apart for me...since the frame leaves with DLCI address of 52...not 51.

Notice when Mayberry sends to Raleigh the DLCI When Frame Is Sent is actually 53 this time. So it appears the the DLCI address is that of the next router.

This example in the text makes sense only because all Routers use a different DLCI. Now suppose that Mount Pilot had a DLCI of 400, and Raleigh also had a DLCI of 400. Based on the table's logic and following the example from the text, when Mayberry wanted to send to Mount Pilot, the DLCI When Frame Is Sent would read 400. Also when Mayberry wanted to sent to Raleigh, the DLCI When Frame Is Sent would also be 400.

Going crazy...
    im going crazy too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im reading this over and over, and trying to set this up on my lab, and with no luck, can somebody tell me how to get 1 delci on the router for 3 other routers on GNS3?????