Options

Some services are just not worth using their online ordering application

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Most ~90% of all purchasing I do on-line. Clothing is the exception I like to see how the clothes fit and have them tailored if needed. But when ordering carry out or books etc I usually hit the net. However sometimes I run into a site that just isn't worth a crap. There is this local pizza joint around my house that has amazing pizza and try to go to the web app to order but it always bombs out. 1-10 it goes through. I hate to admit it but I have to go straight to the phone.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I understand the model (automation), but when the tool is broken I don't care I am going old school.

Comments

• Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I almost always prefer to go old school and talk to someone. Much better response rate that way, and you can gauge the response and service you'll get. Also, you might be told of special offers ;)
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think that's another good point - Often times the best special offers aren't available online or via app.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I ordered a shirt from Amazon once. I had to have it tailored; unfortunately, many of my collared shirts will no longer close and I had to increase the neck size so that I'm not getting choked to death when I have to wear a tie.

I've ordered food from the web before, matter of fact, all of this PMP studying has made me hungry...I'm almost done with this slide, so I guess I should eat and chill. I don't know if anyone from the NYC area ever had Goodfellas (they're like a mini-chain). Their chicken parm sandwich is pretty good. I give it a 8-8.5. It's pretty good...but not the best I ever had....for that I go to this very old school Italian deli....fresh mozz, chicken is prepared well....they make their own sauce (like real Italians should....I'm not picky though, but I do appreciate the realness when I'm in the mood for it.) In any event, Goodfellas has web ordering system and they're part of a network other restaurants use. I'm about to order some grub now.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it primarily depends on maturity and convenience of the app and secondarily it depends on the target audience growing accustomed to the idea of online ordering. When amazon.com first came on the scene, my immediate thought was that no one would ever order books online. I remember having discussions with friends over lunch about the viability of online book ordering when so many of us were used to browsing for books in stores (early amazon didn't have the ability to browse the books).

Admittedly, even with buying clothes, I (technically my wife) have started shop online mostly. Especially shoes - we buy shoes mostly online.

The one online ordering that we don't tend to use - is for food. We do use restaurant sites for mostly directions and the menu only.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Domino's App for iPhone works great for me. Easily lets me order a sandwich for lunch while at work. Instead of having to go through their sluggish website.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    I get annoyed with pizza ones that don't let you make weird combinations (for example I dont like sauce on my pizza a lot of times) and also dont have a special instructions box. How hard is it to add one box as a catch all?
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think chinese places should have online ordering. I spend like 20 minutes just making sure they have the right address...
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm in your boat. I like online because you can see what you're getting and what it is going to cost. Talking on the phone just doesn't deliver that amount of feedback unless you play 20 questions with the guy on the other end. They aren't going to just tell you that up to 4 toppings is x price and adding the 5th and 6th will add on another $3. But ordering online you can see that and take the last 2 off.

As far as buying other things, it's great to get the instant reviews. You can't go to a store and see what 500 people said about the product (unless you check out their site on your phone)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Regarding apps and reviews....

I use the Amazon iPhone app. If I see something I like, I can take a picture of it or scan it. Then it comes up on my phone within seconds and I check out customer feedback.

I never buy anything anymore without researching it first. Even a $20 Nintendo Wii game.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    glenn_33 wrote: »
    I think chinese places should have online ordering. I spend like 20 minutes just making sure they have the right address...

My favorite Chinese delivery place always seems to send their delivery guy all over the place. Its to the point I just go to the restaurant and pick it up. Though, at that point, my wife and I just sit down. So yeah, we actually sit down instead of order for delivery because they can't get our address correct over the phone.

Fortunately, my favorite pizza place has online ordering that works well.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Whenever I order from a certain national chain pizza place near my house the order confirmation is always 10-20 minutes late and says it will be ready for pickup in 94-104 minutes. It's really to the point where I'm going to quit ordering online because I have no idea when to pick it up. Last night I got the email 15 minutes after ordering while I was standing in the resturaunt picking up my ready pizza.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do all my clothing shopping online best deals ever!

Food the least, I always have a feeling they will botch my order up
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I ordered a shirt from Amazon once. I had to have it tailored; unfortunately, many of my collared shirts will no longer close and I had to increase the neck size so that I'm not getting choked to death when I have to wear a tie.

I've ordered food from the web before, matter of fact, all of this PMP studying has made me hungry...I'm almost done with this slide, so I guess I should eat and chill. I don't know if anyone from the NYC area ever had Goodfellas (they're like a mini-chain). Their chicken parm sandwich is pretty good. I give it a 8-8.5. It's pretty good...but not the best I ever had....for that I go to this very old school Italian deli....fresh mozz, chicken is prepared well....they make their own sauce (like real Italians should....I'm not picky though, but I do appreciate the realness when I'm in the mood for it.) In any event, Goodfellas has web ordering system and they're part of a network other restaurants use. I'm about to order some grub now.

Lol, I am seeing a pattern here.

Chipotle is the one that gets me. It is never clear how to save and re-use my orders as I rarely use the site. But it should be something easy and not require me to actually think about what I am doing.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I'm about to order some grub now.

Stop it, you're making me want one of those sandwiches. Do they send via FedEx? :)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers