Options

Please help my Resume POP!

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
So here is the resume I have been using. I have gotten maybe 2-3 calls back since I started using this one for the last 2 months.
I think it needs to stand out more so I can get more interviews. Any help is appreciated.
note I don't have any paid work experience in the IT field but I have years of personal experience.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What types of jobs are you applying for? Your best bet will be level 1 help desk but there are a lot of people trying for those jobs.
  • Options
    Computer/tech support Or network support. I have been applying to everything I can in the IT field even if it requires 1-2 years experience.
    In my area we don't have any entry level support jobs showing up at all.
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get rid of subjective and unclear words like basic and strong. If you only have a basic knowledge of something, don't include it on your resume. You say you're experienced with 'common' workstations, but what does that mean? Are they really all that different from desktop PCs?

It just seems like you're trying too hard to make your skillset look valuable, when it really isn't all that valuable. You'll never break into IT while your skillset is so limited. My advice to you is to do contract work while you pursue other certifications. Go onto Craigs List, write a post saying what skills you have and that you're looking for an apprenticeship opportunity.