Options

A few questions

sprite113sprite113 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_rolleyes.gif
Hi before I start ranting, let me say that this is a wonderful and helpful site. I have just been reading the technotes and stufy material and it is great. Okay on to my dilemas(sp?)

1) First off, my first certification that I attempted was the CCNA and I passed with a 900+ score. Then I decided to take the Network+ and passed that. My question is that seeing a few jobs that indicate an A+ as a requirement, should I attempt to take the exam???Do I need it??

2) My CCNA is set to expire next August or so, I know that if I get my CCNP, I do not have to re-cert for the CCNA, question is do I have to take all the reqired CCNP exams or am I good if I only take one CCNP exam and pass. (Do i have to take all of the exams first? or will one exam be enough) I will still take the other remaining ones though when I have the time.

3) Currently I am employed but am not really doing anything technical as I am not able to get my foot into the door...I would really like to get into networking and/or IT security but right now the market in NYC is so crappy. Anyone have any advice??

4) Last question - does anyone have any good sources (agencies) that I can go to in NYC or am I stuck with hotjobs & monster.com and the like???

BTW - I am 25 yrs old and I think that I am wasting my time at my current job.... icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Hi. Well, usually, I see more people getting A+, then N+, then CCNA. But, no matter, you could get your A+, if you don't know it, you should. It's pretty basic, if you can figure that stuff out, which it sounds like you could. As far the CCNA, I would get it renewed, because a CCNP without any IT experience won't get the same looks from employers as a CCNA with 5yrs under his belt. If it won't kill you, relocate, you don't have to leave state, just look around. NY is pretty big. Other than that, stay positive, and hope. Maybe someday, you'll get that call.......
    i remain, he who remains to be....