TXC1
Introduction to Programming

TXP1
Project in Introduction to Programming

TYC1
Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development

TYP1
Project in Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development

I honestly don't have much interest in any of these classes so I just want to get through them as fast as possible. I "heard" that if I pass higher tier classes i'll get credit for the lower end ones.

Does anybody have any tips or suggestions for getting through these courses as quickly and efficiently as possible?

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm working on some of them myself right now so I can only comment on the ones I've done so far. I did the database ones first, I have a tiny bit of SQL experience from years ago, I reviewed the fundamentals material, then went through Database 1 material, passed that and it waived the fundamentals.

I recently passed CUV1 Web Technologies, there is very little actual coding there. You have to know a bit, but there are a lot of questions about business, design, etc. That should waive EUC1 and EUP1, mine hasn't happened yet but my mentor is gone this week. I wouldn't have thought Web Technologies would have been so light on coding, but I saw other people mention that then I took the pre-assessment and passed it before even opening the book, so it's not bad if you've done any of that stuff before.

I just started TXP1 with the idea that I can work on java for awhile and do that, and the Object Oriented courses together as they are all on java.

After that I'll have to do BOV1, Web Programming, which I believe is javascript, haven't touched it yet.

I know what you're talking about in having no interest in those classes, they are the EXACT ones I have left + tech writing / capstone. I went through all the more interesting stuff first, haha.
  • Options
    sanrussanrus Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did all those courses except EUC1 and EUP1. I never heard of getting credit if you do higher up classes first. Even if thats true, you probably will have to wait till the end of term, in order to get that credit. I might be wrong.
    Anyway, if I were you I would do it in this order:

CUV1 Web Technologies
    BOV1 Web Programming
    CVV1 Database Fundamentals
    CJV1 Database I
    DJV1 Software Development Fundamentals
    TXP1 Project in Introduction to Programming
    TXC1 Introduction to Programming
    TYP1 Project in Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development
    TYC1 Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development

Not sure where to put EUC1/EUP1 since I didn't take them.
    I found TYP1 and TYC1 to be the only challenging courses.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The higher classes waiving the lower class thing is new, and it's only for a couple specific classes. If you're doing the security track there are only 3 skippable ones. The skipping happens after you take the higher level test and your mentor puts in for the waive, not at the end of the term. The thing is though that when you waive a class it goes into the area for classes you transferred in, so the CUs don't count for that term. That shouldn't be an issue if you're accelerating, but if you're just barely able to keep 12 credits going per term, losing a few might cause you an issue. For me it was more a case of less hassle of going to take an exam I really don't need than anything.
  • Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    The higher classes waiving the lower class thing is new, and it's only for a couple specific classes. If you're doing the security track there are only 3 skippable ones. The skipping happens after you take the higher level test and your mentor puts in for the waive, not at the end of the term. The thing is though that when you waive a class it goes into the area for classes you transferred in, so the CUs don't count for that term. That shouldn't be an issue if you're accelerating, but if you're just barely able to keep 12 credits going per term, losing a few might cause you an issue. For me it was more a case of less hassle of going to take an exam I really don't need than anything.

I am on the security track. Which ones can I skip? I am accelerated, doing much more than 12CUs.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    No offense, but if you're trying to get an IT Security degree but really want to avoid learning about databases and programming you may want to reconsider your degree choice.

I couldn't imagine ever hiring an IT security professional that wasn't comfortable with databases and a good level of programming. Trying to skip through your degree as fast as possible will get you a piece of paper; Going above and beyond to use it as a chance to learn will get you a job.
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well he didn't say he wasn't good at it, just not interested in it. And you didn't even answer the question...
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    He was just asking about getting through the classes quickly. Just because he wants to get through it quickly doesn't mean he's trying to avoid it.