Looking for one last practice exam

neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm sitting for the CISSP this Saturday, 4/12. I worked through the Skillsoft modules provided by my company, read through Shon Harris and the paid version of CCCURE. I'm looking for one last full practice test outside of these sources to validate my knowledge. Does anyone have any recommendations? Free is great but preferably not more than $100.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone else sitting for the exam this weekend!

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    If you have an iOS device, you can download ISC2's question bank.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isc-2-practice-tests-app/id665006190?mt=8
  • ReferencemonitorReferencemonitor Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Neb,

All the Best. Do your well. Keep your cool. I am also taking exam on the same day. I am trying to hold my nervs and revising the stuff domain by domain and then taking a test for that chapter from AIO 6th Edition (Chapter End) and AIO Total Tester. I personally feel, AIO Chapter end tests are quiet good; many questions are scenario based and verbose, that kinds of questions could be seen in the exam than the one liner. What I feel, the exam would have a long and verbose questions (but difficulty level would be on medium scale); the skill here would be to identify the obscure/relevant items from the long/verbose questions, that will give direct clues to the answer. I am sure you would have done these questions but if not you may try them. Otherwise, what I believe (ofcourse this belief is built based on the discussions saw on these forum), no test engine is even near to real exam. It is better to know the obvious sections of each chapters, so go for one more round of revision for obvious sections of each chapter if you have time. I am still revising, hopefully, I would finish today and from tomorrow onwards, for last 2 days, I would be revising the obvious topics to make sure those will be by heart. Let's see how it goes.

All the best buddy !!! Hopefully , we both will give a good news on Saturday even to each other and to the forum !!
  • neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips, I will follow this approach for the last few days. Love the username. Good luck!!
    Hi Neb,

All the Best. Do your well. Keep your cool. I am also taking exam on the same day. I am trying to hold my nervs and revising the stuff domain by domain and then taking a test for that chapter from AIO 6th Edition (Chapter End) and AIO Total Tester. I personally feel, AIO Chapter end tests are quiet good; many questions are scenario based and verbose, that kinds of questions could be seen in the exam than the one liner. What I feel, the exam would have a long and verbose questions (but difficulty level would be on medium scale); the skill here would be to identify the obscure/relevant items from the long/verbose questions, that will give direct clues to the answer. I am sure you would have done these questions but if not you may try them. Otherwise, what I believe (ofcourse this belief is built based on the discussions saw on these forum), no test engine is even near to real exam. It is better to know the obvious sections of each chapters, so go for one more round of revision for obvious sections of each chapter if you have time. I am still revising, hopefully, I would finish today and from tomorrow onwards, for last 2 days, I would be revising the obvious topics to make sure those will be by heart. Let's see how it goes.

All the best buddy !!! Hopefully , we both will give a good news on Saturday even to each other and to the forum !!
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well for 129 USD you can get a GISP Practice Test that is set by GIAC to help candidates prepared candidates for CISSP exams and their own GISP certification. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a practice test that is as tough and as similar to CISSP itself. Studiscope and CCCure are both far from CISSP actual exam contest, only GISP is relatively similar, the only downside is that it can only be used once. Though open book, you can still make the best of it to answer the question before referring to the book for the best exam experience of both GISP and CISSP. CISSP exam has more question that focus on the best CHOICE and BEST CHRONOLOGICAL CHOICE answer along with Scenario Base Question and a handful of common theory knowledge questions, while GIAC had good amount of scenario base question with common theory knowledge questions. If you want an exam experience close to CISSP and improve your thoughts in scenario base question, I would highly recommend to take the GISP practice test. You can get the practice test online immediately after registering.
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend the Kaplan IT SelfTestSoftware practice exam suite; I used this to help me study and pass the CISSP the first time. I found it extremely helpful and the price point isn't bad either. Had over 900 questions, descriptive answers with references, etc. I focused on specific domains I didn't know as well first, then went through and answered every question the test engine had to offer.

180 Day Online Access is $89. Hope this helps!
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LionelTeo wrote: »
    Well for 129 USD you can get a GISP Practice Test that is set by GIAC to help candidates prepared candidates for CISSP exams and their own GISP certification. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a practice test that is as tough and as similar to CISSP itself. Studiscope and CCCure are both far from CISSP actual exam contest, only GISP is relatively similar, the only downside is that it can only be used once. Though open book, you can still make the best of it to answer the question before referring to the book for the best exam experience of both GISP and CISSP. CISSP exam has more question that focus on the best CHOICE and BEST CHRONOLOGICAL CHOICE answer along with Scenario Base Question and a handful of common theory knowledge questions, while GIAC had good amount of scenario base question with common theory knowledge questions. If you want an exam experience close to CISSP and improve your thoughts in scenario base question, I would highly recommend to take the GISP practice test. You can get the practice test online immediately after registering.
    When I go to the link you provided and select "Register Now" it gives a list of practice exams. For CISSP preparation, is the correct practice exam called, "GIAC Information Security Professional"?
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
    Yes it is GIAC Information Security Professional Practice Exam which its GIAC version of CISSP, the respective course from GIAC is to help candidate to pass CISSP. I score 78% for my GISP and passed my CISSP with ease. I took the GISP challenge exam before moving on CISSP and have my company to reimburse my GISP and CISSP exam. I think the GISP helps me to bridge the difficulty gap with CISSP. I made a mistake in my earlier post, for 129 USD will give 250 question not 150.
  • sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have an iOS device, you can download ISC2's question bank.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isc-2-practice-tests-app/id665006190?mt=8

I was not previously aware of these, thanks. They are a bit more obscure in parts and are worded well, but the answer isn't obvious for some. I may purchase some of these.
    I purchase this practice test and now they are telling me it takes 24-48 hours to upload to my SANS account. Very frustrating. I sure hope they give me a refund, doesn't do me much good to take it AFTER my exam date.
    LionelTeo wrote: »
    Email to GIAC and tell them your situation, I am pretty sure they will refund you if you do not use it. And good luck to your exams!
    Thanks, I got the test. Took it without a book and got 70%. I found it different from Shon Harris and the CCCUre paid questions.

I scored 83% on the Shon Harris practice test and am consistently between 80-90% on all domains in CCCure. I've taken all questions on CCCUre multiple times.

I hope this is enough for tomorrow.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I would of course review the material for the worse domain as recorded by the practiceGISP. As someone who took the CISSP before the GISP (2x practice tests and full exam), i'd say the material is pretty good, but I don't recall them being as tricky as what I saw on the CISSP exam. Not nearly as many MOST , LEAST, FIRST, LAST, type questions.
    70% without book is a great achievement for GISP, afterall GISP is an intended open book test. I got mine 78% with book and subsequently pass CISSP with ease in the next month, good luck to you!