Options

CCENT study

2»

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    Nice setup.
    I want to get a couple non cisco switches just to be familiar with the basics of managing them. That's a project for next year but something to look forward to.

this whole lab wasn't very pricey at all. the rack was $189, the two 610's were about $310 each with 16 GB's of RAM, and the other switches and routers were maybe $300 total so far. The Sonicwalls and HP Procruves and Dell PowerConnects I've had for much longer. I just think of the price for all this as an investment into my future and continued education; plus it's one thing to break a lab than break servers at work, lol
  • Options
  • Options
    well I found the practice tests over at subnetting.net and I just got a 90% on the Switching part and a 89% on the Routing part and a 82% on the subnetting micro quiz. reviewing the quiz I saw the ones I got wrong were stupid mistakes because I second guessed myself.

I'm going to do a comprehensive quiz and see how I do; but maybe studying for 3 months and as of the late with the VMware 5.1 class been doing the subnetting.net subnetting stuff for like 20 minutes a day and breeze reading my study books for an hour has paid off. The terminology is like soaked into my brain....

I'm pondering when I've done enough studying and I can take the test....
  • Options
    and now I'm going to stalk this forum now until this is done.... Don't miss me too much Essesdon icon_wink.gif

looking back on these posts from a few months ago I'm surprised by how much I remember, even in the CLi.

Reading the CCNA R&S Deluxe by Todd and William now. :)
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck Deathmage. I'm prepping for the CCENT right now too. I've just switched to Paul Browning's Cisco CCNA in 60 Days. Liking it a lot so far.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Also wanted to add, I feel like I'm getting more and more interested in the network security side of things.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework