TE slow for anyone else?

2»

Comments

• yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Working fine now.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Hate to bring some bad news, but It has timed out twice for me in the last hour. Flick through the Tracert to you Johan, Thanks for all your help.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    URL redirected funnily and got a loop error .. see below.

Rewrite problem ?

fvem2g.png
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Timed out for me twice today. Reload the page, issue goes away. No tracert unfortunately, on my phone when it happened...so its hard to point fingers with that one.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry to hear that guys. The network (router) issue that started early last week is solved but on top of that we started getting flooded (spam, scans, actual flood attacks) more than usual since last week. The mitigation of the latter is causing some occasional peaks which is probably the reason for both the above. We're still working on reducing the impact and improving the performance but may take a few more days.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that guys. The network (router) issue that started early last week is solved but on top of that we started getting flooded (spam, scans, actual flood attacks) more than usual since last week. The mitigation of the latter is causing some occasional peaks which is probably the reason for both the above. We're still working on reducing the impact and improving the performance but may take a few more days.

Cool.

I should mention I would not call this an outage. Hitting F5 once has always brought TE up. No problems with it since that post either.
    I just found the redirect weird ..Not just the error, but the actual change of URL
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have had te mess up a lot too
    was down for quite a while earlier ..
    Yes, we were unavailable for 3 hours this morning. Still working on it, which may cause some more downtime (possibly unplanned too) and hick-ups over the next few days.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I've experienced a bunch of "Page not found" errors when clicking on a thread. Are you guys hosted in a datacenter?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
    tprice5 wrote: »
    I've experienced a bunch of "Page not found" errors when clicking on a thread. Are you guys hosted in a datacenter?

Yes of course TE is hosted in a data center (dedicated server in Dallas, Softlayer/IBM). Did you get the Page Not Found errors during the past couple of hours or earlier today/this week?
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Did you get the Page Not Found errors during the past couple of hours or earlier today/this week?
    I received the errors mostly yesterday. I have not experienced them today. It was weird because it was only some threads here and there while others functioned normally. The error was on a solid white page with the black text in the upper right (EDIT: Left) hand corner stating the message I described. It kind of felt like you guys did a roll back or some recovery and the front end was still humming along while the back end was missing some data but this is just conjecture.
    Yes of course TE is hosted in a data center (dedicated server in Dallas, Softlayer/IBM).
    Why is it an of course? You could have a stack set up at the house with a static IP and dedicated line. Forums aren't exactly resource intensive from what I understand. Reliability could be achieved by colo-ing at different web masters houses. Just saying, it wouldn't be the first time a forum was hosted from someone's basement.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    I was affected by the outtage a few hours ago, but other than that I've had no issues from Sweden.