Is an IT career a bad decision?

2»

Comments

• Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    That doesn't sound like IT at all. Not the IT I worked in for 10+ years :)

Less hours ? Less risky and more regular ? I Must be working in the wrong area of IT :D

Sounds like public sector work!
  • tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    Hammer80 wrote: »
    Age discrimination happens very little in IT, seriously. The part of Tech you hear about age discrimination is from the software engineers and developers. If you develop software by the time you're 40 you are a dinosaur and if you're smart then you start to transition to management or more business oriented aspect. Of course there are always exception to the rule where it does not matter what you do and end up out of job just because you hit 40, these exceptions usually get massive class action lawsuits that they lose every time.

Came here to add my $0.02. I agree that there really isn't much age discrimination in IT and if there is I honestly feel that it is more against the younger generation. I am currently the youngest Engineer at my company (21). I work with mostly people in their early 30's and 40's. We have some that are even close to 60. I often find that because of my age I am not taken as seriously as others and am often passed off as young and naive.