Options

Thinking about another degree and certs. Help me weigh the pros and cons of WGU plz?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    There's schools out there that will let you into a graduate Computer major, without a CS/CIS degree. You will have to take some pre-reqs tho before taking the grad classes...

Seconded. I have a BS in Business Administration and I've been accepted into multiple public universities Masters programs with no issue. They will just require you to take certain pre-reqs if you don't have applicable work experience. Do not waste the time or money on another Bachelors. Like everyone here, I know people working high up in IT with a Bachelors in something unrelated. My former SVP had a degree in baking, and ended up working her way up from the bottom in IT. Another VP in Infosec compliance has a Bachelors in physics. You can honestly play up your accounting degree to show you have great analytical skills.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jaycrewzjaycrewz Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^I was not able to find any local universities that would admit me to a masters program in a computer concentration without an undergrad in a related field. Also, I didn't find any online programs (that I was qualified for GPA/GMAT/GRE wise) that would admit me without a related degree as well.

Do share these programs you have in mind. Do know that I don't have GMAT or GRE scores....and that I also went from being honor roll in junior college, to being just an ok student in university. I wont goof off with school or certs this time around though.