Scheduled the VCP-DCV 5.1 exam for December 17th

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    Sounds like a plan! Keep us posted.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Everyone that wanted the notes, I sent you all an email.

Sorry for the delayed response.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I do agree with SimonD stated, I'll be doing the VCAP5-DCV at some point this year but right now my focus is on Project +, Storage (something) and CCNA for the WGU curriculum. Might get the MCSA before the VCAP5, since I truly do think in order for me to go for the VCAP I really want a strong understand in Windows Server and all of the services it provides and what will interact with VMware in that aspect.

My goal was the VCP5-DCV and then the CCNA then MCSA, so just sticking to that method and branch farther inward once those next tier certs are done. To me VCAP is comparable to CCNP/MCSE and I want to build up my networking/OS knowledge more.

Plus I'm sure since I'm VCP certfieid I'll do doing more and more VMware deployments so this will get me the VCAP real-world exposure I'll need that you can't really always learn in a control scenario like a lab.

speaking of real-world, I update my Linkedin with my VCP and now I have headhunter emailing me constantly and interviews lining up in Westchester and Stamford, CT area. But I guess that's the point of moving up in knowledge, you get noticed. icon_smile.gif

More power to you! Keep up the momentum...I mean look at how much its helped you so far. I disagree with the whole because you have some variety of certs in one year...suddenly makes you a paper tiger. If you have the aptitude to learn technologies inside and out, then get a certification, you're doing things right. When you get stagnant in IT, no matter how many years of experience, is when you lose value and become easily replaceable.