Options

is 100k enough?

124»

Comments

• Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    stlsmoore wrote: »
    Yea I hear you on that, I thinking about throwing everything I have at my mortgage to get it paid off in 6-7 years.

I hear ya…..People think owning a home is an investment.

What a crock of crap. What kind of horrible investment would you pay interest on over 30 years, have the price doubled or tripled and get a negative return on after the life of the investment….Not buying a home is a good investment ;)
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    I find if he wants to be a HIPPY but not on his parents dime. They are providing him with electricity, water, food, shelter etc...so he is now a burden on their own savings etc...he's happy...I'm sure his parents are NOT.
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    I hear ya…..People think owning a home is an investment.

It is a great invesment! They just don't tell you that it's the banks great investment for all the reasons you mentioned. By all means buy a house and one you like but just don't do it under the impression that it's a great investment.
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LeBroke wrote: »
    $500,000 house with 2,000 sq feet? $100,000 jobs considered average? Where is this magical pony fairy tale land where houses cost less than $1M and people make more than $50k?
    Chicago. 530k house, 1938 sq ft. *sigh*
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you can't live on $100k you need to hire a financial counselor.

.. or move ..

You wouldn't get far with $100k if you'd live in Angola and the only jobs offering $100k are jobs which include housing, transportation and food for you and family.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p