CCENT/CCNA Study Group

2»

Comments

• tecnodog7tecnodog7 Member Posts: 129
    Hey guys, this is awesome. I would love to join your group if possible.

I am actually taking my ICND 1 on Sunday.
    So far i have used CBT Nugget by Jeremy and packet tracer for the labs and articles from Google.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey all. To start, I've been studying for CCENT on and off for a while now and have decided I want to completely go through all the material from the start as if this was all brand new to me. My goal for the week is to go through the CBT Nuggets for ICND1 and review the notes I've already taken and then move onto the Todd Lammle book sometime next week. The overall goal is to test before the end of this WGU semester (which for me would be the end of May).

Looking forward to keeping in touch with you all. icon_cheers.gif
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • RodneyMcKayRodneyMcKay Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, I'm doing netacad and I'm using the kit at uni atm. Also got Bryant's udemy course and Lammle's book to get started on.

Hopefully I'll be ready for May!
    Alright, so I just finished Chapters 1-2 of the Cisco Press book. Overall, the book isn't too bad so far. It's perhaps a bit dry, but I'd rather have that than a book filled with fluff (personal preference).

I've also watched the first 6 videos for the CBTNuggets course taught by Jeremy Cioara. I'm actually very surprised with how much I'm enjoying these. I HATE lectures, powerpoints, classroom training, etc almost as a rule. I prefer books and hands on. But, I am very impressed with what Jeremy's done with his video series.

Next week's goals are to watch videos 7-18 from CBTNuggets course and to read chapters 3-6 from the Cisco Press book. Also, depending on motivation I might try to sneak in an extra video/chapter or two.

Edit: Almost forgot!! I just got an email about my practice lab coming in the mail which I'm very excited about!! icon_cheers.gif
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Can I join this study group? icon_study.gif:D
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
    Come on in pal icon_thumright.gif
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    we need to get a communication medium; do you guys have skype?

I'm pretty much complete with my CCENT refresher, finished Chris Bryant's videos on Udemy 2 weeks ago and last night finished the Exam Cram book for the CCENT, now I'm reading the Todd Lammie Deluxe book, but it's now getting to the point of overkill reading.

My deadline of March 19th seems quite realistic.
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Skype or Viber will do.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • brooklynzoo81brooklynzoo81 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This works for me. Let me know if there is a set time to join. I am currently studying for ICND1.
    Deathmage wrote: »
    My deadline of March 19th seems quite realistic.

I'd say that timeline might even be a bit too long. If I were you I'd just lab, lab, lab, lab until you feel comfortable with all the objectives and then test ASAP.