How to negotiate the best salary

2»

Comments

• anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    I do get that. However, I dont currently have a set figure in my head as to what I feel I am worth. I am more of th.e mindset that I want the most I can get for the particular position. Thats why I asked earlier about a good resource for finding current market rates. I know alot of the senior guys might be able to stick out and say; I am worth X or Y, I dont feel like I am there yet lol

What part of VA are you from?
    What IT experience you have?
    What IT jobs are you looking for?
  • Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in Richmond. I have over 5 year of PC repairs experience and a year working in a large scale datacenter, where I am still currently employed. I am looking to move on to a jr sys admin or some entry level position in the InfoSec field as I will be doing my sec+ in a few weeks
    I hear you loud and clear and I agree with most of your points. for me, I think the problem is that I am trying to expand into different roles that I have never had previously, so I don't have the same comfort level negotiating these positions. Don't know if that make any sense
  • anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    Entry level SA in NOVA can make anywhere between 55 to 75. This is dependent on your experience, certification and negotiation skills. My first SA position I made 65k. I stayed for a year and jump to make 75k after receiving my Top Secret Clearance etc...
    I plan on applying in the NOVA/ DC area once I obtain my Sec+. but without that cert, its almost impossible to get a job in that area