Summer time... what will you do?

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright so I know this isn't technology related but I would like to know what some of you would be doing during the summer to get out the house, office or books...

I plan on...
-Taking the Basic Riders course for motorcycles. I've wanted to learn for years and I'm already looking at Harley Davidson bikes lol
-Sky diving, maybe...
-Doing the mud run in my city
-Learning how to shoot a pistol
-Exercise way more. I've lost a couple of inches around my waist... so I can fit my old pair of paints again :)
-Going back to school to finish my masters at Davenport University.
-Travel back to Russia, maybe... if I can afford it. I miss my friends in Russia.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I have one goal, although it doesn't involve getting out of the house: finish the office I've been building in my basement since January. Stuff keeps getting in the way and it's going at a glacial pace.
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I am going to hook the 5th wheel up and grab the fishing poles, boat and do some traveling!
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just put a bid on a new home. Hoping the sellers except my offer. When if that happens I'll be doing outside projects in the summer.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got trip scheduled back to OH to see the kids, grandkids. I was invited to partake in multi photographer / multi model 2 day shoot in WI in June, plus its car show season, so thats always fun to get out and visit.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good thread to see members have other interests outside of IT/Certs. Sky diving in May, wedding in June, incorporating more outdoor workouts, projects on the new house.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod
    It's winter time in Australia!!!

I'll be doing what I usually do -- party every day (really).
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• PaPaJPaPaJ Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Besides studying, I have Bariatric surgery planned for the first week in June and a trip to North Carolina to see some relatives planned for the first week in August.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Finally get to go outside with my new baby girl! (3 months old now) Minnesota winters are not fun! Definitely makes you appreciate the summers. Plan on going to the dog park with the family alot this summer.
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Build my outdoor fireplace version 2.0 (built 1.0 this weekend) , clean up/tear out most of the plants on my lot, install some new lots in my home office, teach my 9 year old some basic programming, teach my kids some outdoors skills building a fire, planting, volunteer with the kids at the food pantry, probably do a house clean up with the kids and HFH.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Regularly falling off my mountain bike and consuming a silly amount of beer. Not at the same time ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Continue remodeling the house and major yard work (drains / beds / ripping out stumps), complete a bulk of my WGU classes to achieve my EOY graduation objective, cruises on the motorcycle with my wife, softball, get back to 2x day workouts at least 3-4 days a week.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Plenty of home projects (at least one bathroom remodel, some built in shelving, garage paint/epoxy/shelves, etc)
    Time outdoors with wife/kid/dog
    Time doing anything BUT studying (I'm ready for a break)
    Lots of grilling and smoking. A brisket will probably be the next experiment in the smoker
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Only thing planned right now is a family trip to The Netherlands May 14 - June 2. My wife is Dutch so we go every year to visit her family and friends in Holland. While my wife and sons are with her folks, I'll be at SANS Europe in Amsterdam taking SEC504 May 18 -23. I may also attend Haxpo May 27 - 29. I might have an interview with HP while there as well (fingers crossed). Using my vacation time to network since we want to move to NL in 2016. :D

Since I live in sunny Southern California with year-round good weather, my summer (just like any season here) will be spent outside at parks and beaches. icon_cheers.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be spending time outdoors with friends and plan get get active this summer (jogging)
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I agree with Zane it's nice to see the members are focused on other things than just certs. Great thread.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since I just finished my bachelors last month, I'll be most likely taking a break lol. I just got a new job a little more than a month ago so I don't have any vacation time yet, but when I get some I'll probably go to Brazil or something.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Finish the bathroom remodel, some yard projects, outdoor exercise, clean out the garage, go to the range, and I will do some kayaking at the lake this summer.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    So far I've re-fenced my yard, built a ~500 sq ft. deck, graded and put sod in my yard and purchased a motorcycle(2004 GSX-R 750). The rest of the summer will consist of a bit of surgery, ATV riding in the sand dunes, motorcycle riding, camping, hiking and likely a few other house projects.

I'm pretty much active 24/7 when not at work these days.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Setup my kids bedroom.. where it looks like an actual bedroom and not a home office/study/bedroom. Hopefully get my CCNA sec too.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    Going to Seattle and San Francisco with the family for vacation. I need to fix my boat and use/sell it. I'd also like to do my first 3 gun competition. Not sure if I'll really get to do all that since I got a ton of house work and yard work to do. I'm also studying for the CCIE R&S which will probably take up a ton of my time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Starting my new job and finishing college with my degree! Going to Alaska also which should be sweet! After that I am going to go and work on my Server+ certification then maybe go on Warped Tour provided that I have enough money and that I can take off work to go. Also I will be looking for my new apartment when I graduate from school. That should be cool living on my own and making my own decisions. I am my own master now haha No more school work, no more papers just doing what I want to do. God, after 5 years in college I don't know what I am going to do with myself I am usually studying for classes or doing certs. This is going to be sweet!!
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Surfing.
    Pass the CCNA (ok in about 2 weeks tops)
    Move into a new apartment

What ill really be doing: Internet lol
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    I have a vacation to Montana planned for late summer...until then it's lots of hiking across VA and MD.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Moving back home, and starting make a savings plan. @kMastaFlash where you located for warped tour? I'll most likely be going this year
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like thread and seeing more than IT stuff.
    more outdoor stuff and nature stuff for me.
    would like to go camping.
    gardening and yard work.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am graduating and finishing my masters in May, as well as getting re-certified on my VCP. After that I've got a couple of amusement park trips planned as well as a couple of weekend beach trips with the family. I am planning on spending some money so I can go and get PADI certified this summer as well.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    New Orleans for a bachelor party and then Baltimore for another bachelor party. Other then that business as usual.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Arod95 I am from Michigan so I am hoping that I can go but with my new job that I have lined up, I am not entirely sure if I will be able to go. I went last year which was awesome.
  • mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Building skateboards/longboards. Being outside as much as possible!
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since I live in Central Florida, it'll be the usual theme park and water park visits (we have annual passes), beaches on the weekend, and trips to the local springs and rivers for canoeing and inner tubing.

I'll also probably compete in my second physique show sometime in the middle or end of summer.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology