Comments

• Options
    tacobelldog52tacobelldog52 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I assume the way to make sure we are marked as paid is to look for

Total Payments & Deferred Amounts

Under account summary?
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you will be given your lab documents once you enter the class & the online labs environment.
    So how the LAB exercise are provided. It is not part of the book. Given separately as part of the course material ?
  • Options
    I am not sure exactly how it looks from the student view. However, when you pay online, you should receive a confirmation page from Official Payments. If you have specific questions, please feel free to send me a private message here.
    I assume the way to make sure we are marked as paid is to look for

Total Payments & Deferred Amounts

Under account summary?
  • Options
    jeff_in_RTPjeff_in_RTP Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should get a reply to the email address that was listed on the payform. Mine was an scc.stanly.edu address.
  • Options
    chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
    Received an email and filled out the Google form. Hopefully I am in!
  • Options
    Received my email I am in. Just paid for the class and ordered the book.
  • Options
    richygrichyg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in as well, not purchased the book as I have purchased the VCP5-DCV official certification guide which looks a very good book and seems recommended
  • Options
    Rick9Rick9 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yup, logged in succesfully for the first time today, I'm a bit excited!! :D
  • Options
    91gtd91gtd Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know if we need to complete the general new student orientation? seems geared towards onsite students.

Don't want to leave it off just for it to come back and bite me.
  • Options
    No you do not have to do the NSO. It is only for curriculum students, and not for students taking the VMware course under Continuing Education. Sorry for any confusion.

91gtd wrote: »
    Anyone know if we need to complete the general new student orientation? seems geared towards onsite students.

Don't want to leave it off just for it to come back and bite me.
  • Options
    Thanks for the prompt reply. One more question please, do we need to register our own enrollment on the course at https://mylearn.vmware.com or will Stanly register our completion of the course once we finish?
  • Options
    You instructor will give you full instructions on how to register with VMware. Keep an eye out in Moodle, but please feel free to pm me here anytime as well.
    91gtd wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt reply. One more question please, do we need to register our own enrollment on the course at https://mylearn.vmware.com or will Stanly register our completion of the course once we finish?
  • Options
    Great, thanks a lot.
  • Options
    MordyITMordyIT Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm signed up and just about ready to do the first lab. I wish I was in NC to see the school it seems to have a very warm vibe.
  • Options
    Anyone recommend one of the physical books from BnN? I like to flip through the pages while I got my laptop and coffee out.
    Also i can't find the book stated on the syllabus by Gilmore, I have no idea who that is.

Thanks!
  • Options
    GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took the class I bought the book. I am glad I did it since when you're watching the videos, the instructor skips big chunks of the text. He just reads parts of the text, and sometimes just skips the second page all together. I watched the videos in mute and read it on my own; his explanations were not always the best.
    Anyways, I am glad I had the book on hand.
  • Options
    Trying to figure out if I messed something up.

Lab 2 - Does the lab guide mixed up 1 & 2 towards the end?
  • Options
    gilby125gilby125 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trying to figure out if I messed something up.

Lab 2 - Does the lab guide mixed up 1 & 2 towards the end?

I just finished lab 2 also and agree something seems mixed up there...
  • Options
    richygrichyg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm finding the videos less than helpful, the content seems jumbled and the person presenting them seems confused himself. Luckily I watched CBT Nuggets before enrolling on this course and the video presentation is of much a higher standard. Not sure how anyone is going to learn anything from the videos.

Module 4 vCenter Server is the most confusing set of videos I think that I have ever watched.
  • Options
    richyg wrote: »
    I'm finding the videos less than helpful, the content seems jumbled and the person presenting them seems confused himself. Luckily I watched CBT Nuggets before enrolling on this course and the video presentation is of much a higher standard. Not sure how anyone is going to learn anything from the videos.

Module 4 vCenter Server is the most confusing set of videos I think that I have ever watched.

I feel the same way. The presenter may know everything there is but is really having a hard time explaining the material in the videos. I found myself leaning on the book more.

Right now I am reading the book and mastering 5.5. Cbt nuggets is next.
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with the Labs?

It now is saying my password is wrong icon_neutral.gif
  • Options
    And like magic its fixed icon_neutral.gif
  • Options
    I've had some troubles loggin-in too, everything seems to work with IE11.
  • Options
    Rick9 wrote: »
    I've had some troubles loggin-in too, everything seems to work with IE11.

Same here. IE seems to be best
  • Options
    msterling21msterling21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know the course is almost over, but If anybody still need the books - I listed them on ebay. It's unused. Search for VAP-EN-VSICM55-KIT
  • Options
    I have a ton of labs to do and they are not loading icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    jmux1jmux1 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This was an issue i think most of the class was/is having. I know the Instructor sent out an email stating that and providing some guidance. I am check this evening hopefully I can log in and get some work done myself.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    I notice the Labs take 5-15 minutes to load sometimes.

How is everyone doing in the May-July class?

Here are my thoughts of the class so far: Previous knowledge: Having previous VCA-DCV, VMware Workstation and vSphere experience has made this class seem pretty easy. I found some of the things taught are exactly taught (at high level) in the free VMware VCA-DCV course.
    Videos 7/10 Maybe its my adhd but I find it very hard to listen to the Texan sounding guy give lectures. I have to dope up on lots of coffee.
    ICM Labs: 8.5/10 I find these to be pretty good. They do not explain everything, but I'm starting to figure out why things are done. Its a good idea to type or write notes for each lab.
    Quizzes: 9/10 Lab quizzes suck, they only ask if you completed watching the respective video. Module quizzes are great though. They seem to focus on very important concepts and answer choices for solutions. I think they will be very valuable for the actual exam.
    Cost: 10/10 VMware vSphere 5.5 | VCP 5.5 DCV Training for $185....very hard to beat.

Are there other people in the class that plan to take the exam soon? I"m thinking of taking it next week.

Forgive the fast typing...I gotta get back to the lab.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds good I enrolled on the waiting list.....I hope to hear from them soon. but Stanley seems like a great course.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    I notice the Labs take 5-15 minutes to load sometimes.

How is everyone doing in the May-July class?

Here are my thoughts of the class so far: Previous knowledge: Having previous VCA-DCV, VMware Workstation and vSphere experience has made this class seem pretty easy. I found some of the things taught are exactly taught (at high level) in the free VMware VCA-DCV course.
    Videos 7/10 Maybe its my adhd but I find it very hard to listen to the Texan sounding guy give lectures. I have to dope up on lots of coffee.
    ICM Labs: 8.5/10 I find these to be pretty good. They do not explain everything, but I'm starting to figure out why things are done. Its a good idea to type or write notes for each lab.
    Quizzes: 9/10 Lab quizzes suck, they only ask if you completed watching the respective video. Module quizzes are great though. They seem to focus on very important concepts and answer choices for solutions. I think they will be very valuable for the actual exam.
    Cost: 10/10 VMware vSphere 5.5 | VCP 5.5 DCV Training for $185....very hard to beat.

Are there other people in the class that plan to take the exam soon? I"m thinking of taking it next week.

Forgive the fast typing...I gotta get back to the lab.

I agree with you on most parts. I have a VCA-DCV as well and some vSphere experience.
    I'm studying with Lowe's book.
    Can you take the exam that soon? :o
    I'm thinking about taking the exam before fall, provided I get registred on VMware's site.