Options

frys rejectd me cuz my shoulderlength hair is unprofessional

Comments

• Options
    Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Time to lock this thread and throw away the key?
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • Options
    jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Go Bucks wrote:
    Time to lock this thread and throw away the key?
    Naaah. Let's leave it open so burzumaske91 can report back when he gets a job that tolerates his hair (natural, ponytail, hairnet, whatever).
  • Options
    I think BFI is still hiring.
  • Options
    jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i shaved my head and i am now working as a minimum wage cashier at fry's.

ina couple years ill transfer over to the tech department when there is an opening.
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    i shaved my head and i am now working as a minimum wage cashier at fry's.

ina couple years ill transfer over to the tech department when there is an opening.

Are you serious, or is that a joke?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
  • Options
    this post is pointless?
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like cheese pizza
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I was about to reply to kalebksp and Keatron saying you both had valid points ....

and then pizza was mentioned, so more importantly - Cheese pizza is at it's best with ground chilli flakes on :D
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well to get this topic back on subject...I know of a way to get schooling and certification training possibly paid for. Good OJT and common job skills, plus possible travel and a few other things icon_twisted.gif. Just go to http://www.goarmy.com and look for 25B. I know it isn't for everyone and I myself am not in for life but if your between the ages of 17-39 and healthy you'll probably be able to get in.
  • Options
    midulstermidulster Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it mightn't have been the hair per se, as you could have had an attidue problem to go with it.
  • Options
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

OK. Now is it time to close the thread?
  • Options
    nooooooo!!! don't bring up military!! bad experiences!!! recruiters lie, they tell you your job is reserved.. than when it comes time to getting yoru job (10 months later) they tell you its not available!!

i told my recruiter that i can't join if i don't get the computer job.

than he kept trying to reach me for 3 months, i ignored him because i didn't want to be lied to anymore..

finally he makes his way to my school's office and tells me... "oh your jobs open now" what a frickin pathetic liar

----

thanks again, though, for the military idea. but if you want to get lied to and led on, sign up for the military
  • Options
    now that reminds me.... the reason i had my hair buzzed for almost 6 years was because i was planning on joining the military.

after that scum recruiter basically showed me how sneaky recruiter could be
    ..i started to grow my hair out because i will never enlist in the military again.
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    As a former long hair myself I have to say that I never liked being told that my hair looked unprofessional or that it in any way affected my ability to do/get a job. However, once I spent the cash for an MCSE crash course and decided to get serious about it I cut my hair and have never looked back. icon_rolleyes.gif

Do what yo gotta do. Once you have a job you really like you can always start to grow it again if you want and see how far they'll let you go.

icon_wink.gif
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    not only do they hire 500+lb people who look like yokozuna, but they have atleast 90% + asian, indian, and mexican staff.

So what? Do you have a problem with Asians, Mexicans, and Indians? Or overweight people? My uncle happens to weigh quite alot, if he got a job at Frys would that upset you?
  • Options
    jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    I like eggrolls.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    You didn't get hired because your attitude blows and you have a mullet. There are alot of other people who will do what is needed to get a job. I would can your ass too.
  • Options
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think garv221 pretty much summed up a lot of people's feelings about this thread.
  • Options
    Kevin.SmithKevin.Smith Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Army wasn't for me either. I got 97/99 on the ASVAB. The recruiter said they weren't looking for too many people, only infantry, armor and stuff. They are just looking to fill a quota anyway. icon_mad.gif Oh yeah they told me I could have any job I wanted. Untill I filled out all the paper work.
    WIP: A+ Essentials
  • Options
    nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    Army wasn't for me either. I got 97/99 on the ASVAB. The recruiter said they weren't looking for too many people, only infantry, armor and stuff. They are just looking to fill a quota anyway. icon_mad.gif Oh yeah they told me I could have any job I wanted. Untill I filled out all the paper work.

Its hard to find enough people to play taxi and make runs to the airport on a road where every car might blow up.
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • Options
    Kevin.SmithKevin.Smith Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, not my kind of job. Although I do support the troops %100. It's too crazy over there right now.
    WIP: A+ Essentials
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    JASON123 wrote:
    I have rarely seen a man with long hair look professional. Also, I have never seen a man with dread locks look professional.
    Ouch!

Please look at my old O'Reilly home page and tell me if I look professional or not way back in 1998 with my long hair a dreadlock in my beard. I associated with many "professional" people when I looked like this and never received any complaints.

http://www.oreilly.com/www/centers/gff/jdm/index.htm

Are you Jesus?
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    ok first off. i applied at frys. got a call back, they didnt leave a name or store nothing. they left their number. so i had to go online and double check the # and it matched frys

i walked into frys, looked around and said "oh well these other guys have pretty long hair and they look like crap, i have a much better chance at getting hired"

so after waiting about 30 minutes for my interview, the first words out of the ladies mouth is "i have to tell you someone"...pauses "you can't work here with that hair , you have to cut it and make it look professional"

i go uh... "what about the other guys"

dumb interview lady.. "oh, they have long hair but they make it look professional"

so i go OK fine, ill cut it just to shut her up.

she says alright what position do you want?

at this point, i feel like telling her off and walking out the door knowing its on my application so i say "pc tech" and she replies with "let me walk over to the tech manager"...

another 10 minutes later... "oh sorry we don't have any positions , would you like to work as a cashier?"
    ----

WHAT KINDA BS is that?? i get insulted for COMBINING my barely sholder length hair, while other guys there have dreads and afros?

i just finish passing my A+ ..im all hyped to get a tech job

and she has the guts to ask me to work for minimum wage as a cashier?

FRYS COMPUSA AND BEST BUY ARE A JOKE.

Shouldn't you be thankful for the criticism that you received so you know how to improve it instead of acting like they're discriminating you and pointing fingers at other people? What you have there is called a poor attitude, as others have already mentioned. Continue acting like that and I predict you'll never move up from that cashier position. With the things you said in the interview I'm surprised that they even hired you as a cashier and didn't ask you to clean their toilets instead.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    i just finish passing my A+ ..im all hyped to get a tech job...and she has the guts to ask me to work for minimum wage as a cashier?

How dare they!

You should have told them to bow down to the A+. Go back and tell those beeotches to recognize the mighty power and worldly treasures that the A+ should bestow upon you.

Oh, and get a haircut hippie. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    THREAD FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!! (zombie sounds in background)
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    THREAD FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!! (zombie sounds in background)

Wow, I just realized I had responded to a 2 1/2 year old thread. :D

Reminds me of this story I read today:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=56612489.blog&csp=34
This discussion has been closed.