WGU BS - IT Security degree Completed!!

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
I finally finished my journey at WGU and acquired my Bachelor's degree. I just got my Capstone back earlier this morning and passed on my first attempt along with the Technical Writing. This was a very long, enduring journey over the last 18 months for me. There were times of joy, peace, pain, sorrow so many emotions along the way. It was painful at times as I suffered extreme personal loss along the way and there were times I thought about giving up. During, this time I felt lost and very confused along the way. I was heartbroken beyond words and didn't know what to do at times. Life can always challenge you but I pressed on knowing that this would be for my future and to support my family and those around me who I love that are still with me!! My faith and trust in the Lord and many reminders helped push me forward and remind me of what is upon me and to come in the days and years to come.

Thanks to all my colleagues, family, friends, and the community at TechExams who have supported me or reached out to me with encouragement. I value this community for not only how we support and help each other with technical knowledge or advice on our careers but as the people we are who strive for much higher and above the average. We as humans are capable of great things so press on my colleagues!! Good luck on your studies and God bless you all!!

This will help my resume immensely and I hope it opens doors as I continue to push towards management roles in the future!! :)

Luke 1:37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible.

My future plans will be starting my Master's degree in February/March after I take some time off to unwind and detox from certs/degrees. I have many unfulfilled and unfinished projects that I would like to tackle. This includes my gaming backlog with Metal Gear Solid V!! Do some traveling, reading (non-technical), and relaxing in nature and spiritually. :)

I will be attending the graduation ceremony in February at Disney Coronado Springs Resort in Florida and making a speech at the commencement so I'm looking forward to that in the near future!!

Never give up on your dreams and ambitions!! icon_cheers.gif
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, with God ALL things are possible.
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • fjhesqfjhesq Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OUTSTANDING!!! Congrats man, hopefully I'll be in your shoes some time next year!
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! I've been reading your previous posts and following your progress since I'm in the same program. I should be done end of December hopefully. Enjoy the downtime, especially the gaming!
  • CyberJosh95CyberJosh95 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS! I will be starting Nov 1 and i will definitly be reaching out to you. Will be adding you on skype today.
  • dark3ddark3d Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to be there as well. I'll get with you and maybe we can have a TE meetup while some of us are there? :)

and CONGRATS!
    CISSP - January 2015
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (2/1/2015-6/16/2015)
    Working on: MSISA/Radware/Fortinet/Juniper/PAN

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. What is the capstone project like? Are you serious about a graduation ceremony too?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    devilbones wrote: »
    Congrats. What is the capstone project like? Are you serious about a graduation ceremony too?

It is a written project and I am definitely attending after all the hard work to celebrate the moment and occasion!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    dark3d wrote: »
    I'm going to be there as well. I'll get with you and maybe we can have a TE meetup while some of us are there? :)

and CONGRATS!

I'm totally up for that!! :)

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    w00p w00p! Congrats! Also, good luck on your speech. Remember, everyone is in underwear... icon_cool.gif

Congrats again! Couldn't happen to a better person...
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go! I have 4 classes left in the program myself.
  • TR4V1STYTR4V1STY Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on completing the degree. Hope you have fun with Metal Gear Solid V. I have completed about 25% of the game so far. LOVE the game.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats again!
    markulous wrote: »
    Congrats again!

Thanks buddy feels great!! :)

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like this wording: "detox from certs/degrees".

LOL
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like this wording: "detox from certs/degrees".

HAHAHA...maybe we could have detox meetup =X
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! You are also giving a speech at graduation? That is outstanding. Be sure to give the forums a shout out we will all be watching icon_thumright.gif
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What are your plans next?
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
    nelson8403 wrote: »
    Congrats!! What are your plans next?

Going after my Master's degree starting next year around February/March!! :)

• devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is a written project and I am definitely attending after all the hard work to celebrate the moment and occasion!! :)
    I didnt mean if you were serious about going, what I meant was if there really was a ceremony. I was also wondering what you did your capstone project on, not like what it means. You dont have to share any details, I am just curious. Congrats again and have fun in FL.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!! Enjoy your time off from school and certs!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey man, you're always congratulating people on their pass and I know it's official once I see that Donkey Kong. So now it's my turn to congratulate YOU! I am deeply sorry for your losses, as I know how that feels this year as well. Good luck in the rest of your journey!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    devilbones wrote: »
    I didnt mean if you were serious about going, what I meant was if there really was a ceremony. I was also wondering what you did your capstone project on, not like what it means. You dont have to share any details, I am just curious. Congrats again and have fun in FL.

I gotcha no worries. I did my Capstone on building a data center and the project methodology of implementing it from start to finish. ;)

• tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

Let me know when you start the MS:ITM. I only have 4 courses left.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    srabiee wrote: »
    Congrats!

Let me know when you start the MS:ITM. I only have 4 courses left.

I definitely will as your notes would be most helpful as reference or any insight!! :)

Thanks

fuz1on wrote: »
    w00p w00p! Congrats! Also, good luck on your speech. Remember, everyone is in underwear... icon_cool.gif

Congrats again! Couldn't happen to a better person...

I'm not too worried I do a ton of presentations personally/professionally as I teach sermons at my church in small/large groups and at work. :)

I will give a shout out to my TechExams family!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and positive compliments you all are awesome!! :)

• CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! it's an awesome accomplishment, I officially started last week
    In Progress:
    WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)
    Congrats! it's an awesome accomplishment, I officially started last week

Thanks!! Good luck in your studies if I can help in anyway feel free to let me know via PM or email. :)