Options

How to get a contract extended

DrakeisaDrakeisa Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone!

I'm working at a amazing company and in a happy role.

I am there on a 6 month contract and I was wondering how I could get this extneded to another 6 months.

I been here 1 month and have performed well with good quality and my manager seems happy with the work.

If there Is more work in play and I keep up good quality work could I get extended?

Share ya experience

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sure, depends on if you're an independent contractor, if you go through a 3rd party, etc, for the negotiations of it. Contracts get extended all the time if there is still a need. I don't think they'd even start talking about extending it only one month into a six month contract though.

My current contract originally ran out in 10/2015, they've extended it twice since and are negotiation with HR to just hire directly.
  • Options
    DrakeisaDrakeisa Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    Sure, depends on if you're an independent contractor, if you go through a 3rd party, etc, for the negotiations of it. Contracts get extended all the time if there is still a need. I don't think they'd even start talking about extending it only one month into a six month contract though.

My current contract originally ran out in 10/2015, they've extended it twice since and are negotiation with HR to just hire directly.

Thanks

I love my job and I love coming to work everyday.

:)

What you mean if there is a need for it?

I think in our organization we do not have the budget to hire permanent but we do for contracts because there are projects.

It is through 3rd party and our team needs an extra person.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Drakeisa wrote: »
    What you mean if there is a need for it?

I think in our organization we do not have the budget to hire permanent but we do for contracts because there are projects.

By "need" I mean something/tasks that the contract needs to fill. You said that they don't hire full time but do contractors for projects, when the projects end, do they let the contractors go? If so, that's what I'm referring to.