Passed Security+ !!

globalenjoiglobalenjoi Senior MemberMember Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys, first post here! I've been creeping around looking for study advice. These forums recommended the Gibson book, so I bought it and read it completely in the last 2 weeks. Took my Security+ on Thursday and passed with an 841! So thanks for everyone that has ever posted links or advice here, because I probably read it lol.

Now I just have to figure out what's next. I was previously working on CCNA before taking a break, so I think I'm going to go back to that. CEH seems kind of sketchy right now, but maybe I can get my job to send me to a GSEC course! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAMember Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your CCNA!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...! As you just completed Sec+ you can vouch on CEH and I am sure you can finish that too.. Good Luck on CCNA.
  • Praj123Praj123 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Were the questions on the exam similar to the online questions? I am planning to take exam after 2 weeks so reading the study guide and solving online questions.
  • bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which book did you use? Get Certified Get Ahead?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,177 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Senior Member Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • globalenjoiglobalenjoi Senior Member Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I used the Gibson book mostly. I read it from start to finish, taking notes along the way and doing the quizzes at the end of each chapter. I also used flash cards for port numbers and took web-based practice tests during downtime on lunch breaks at work.