Options

Beware of VMware certs

13»

Comments

• Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    scott28tt wrote: »
    The class requirement? This helps the VCP actually have some sort of meaning/recognition in the industry, unlike certifications from many other vendors.

Thst is a laugh. I've never heard any company who had any concerns over whether I went through a course for my certification or self studied. And your comment about the industry is laughable because most other certs are the ones who made the industry, and few have class requirements.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    scott28tt wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't realise every other IT company was a charity.
    They better pay you good for this kind of effort.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well it worked. Have my VCP6-DTM now. Glad that's over. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! I'm glad all the fight was worth it. WOuld be bad if the answer had ended up being no. :)
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks! I was going to just give up if they didn't do anything. Seems most places I apply to (since it's security-related) haven't even heard of VCP6-DTM so it's not like it was helping me much.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jfitzg wrote: »
    Funny how I have NEVER talked to an American support person, and my company bought the best level support that VMware offers. My most recent experience with India was trying to figure out where the lock was on a VMDK so I could delete snapshots off a VM. I was told there was no way to determine where the lock is from, and to clone the disks and just attach them to the VM and remove the old disks with the lock. Funny thing is, when you have a server w a snapshots, you are very limited on changing virtual hardware, and guess what you cant remove hard disks from a guest when the VM has a snapshot, but my VMware support agent didnt know this and assured me it would work (it didnt). Funny how VMware support doesnt even know basic things about their product. But thats what you get when you do business with a greedy scum sucking company like VMware who only gives a crap about $$$.

If you had the 'best' support VMware offers then you got Mission Critical support and an assigned account manager who would deal with tickets ;)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Hell, I just feel warm and fuzzy when someone actually get's back to me. I've had stuff open for a week or two at a time between contacts from them. Usually to say that they are sorry for ignoring us for a week and that htey will be jumping on this post haste. No wonder smaller businesses are moving to Hyper-V or just not re-upping their VMware support.