Options

Pass CISSP; first attempt

soniczoom5soniczoom5 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK, so i spent 3 weeks studying for this exam; when i finally sat down to take it, I was blown away; i felt fairly sure while I was taking the test that I had indeed failed it; the questions were nothing like what I expected!!!

study materials

1. sybex CISSP(2015)
2. practice exams(over 2000 q/a's; combination of ******** and sybex provided QA's

I also have 10 years in the IT field; mostly technical/systems with a few in security scans/testing/etc.

WARNING - the exam is difficult; there are some questions that are straight forward and take 2 seconds, but a majority are based on BEST ANSWER; some will combine two different technologies/concepts to BUILD the BEST answer

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Combination of Sybex and what?
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wait a min.... Hold up! 3 weeks of study and you take the CISSP test and pass???? icon_surprised.gif But you do have 10 yrs of exp.... but what else did you use besides the sybex
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Eight characters of filtered data it appears.
  • Options
    hmmmm thats weird how they filter out specific vendor/competing test banks!!!

any who, a combination of sybex QA's and from another vendor; 2000 total; did they help me prepare? absolutely; would I say only study that material? NO; ensure when studying the QA's, you LEARN about each individual answer and expand on them; for example, don't just know that SSL operates on 443; learn everything about SSL, how it compares to others, etc; a majority of the test is CRITICAL thinking; its not your TYPICAL IT EXAM with a question followed by a straight forward technical answer
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Hint: those starred out vendor are usually ****. My spidey sense sensor is going haywire but it's Friday so I'm gonna let someone else pick it up from here.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm guessing $kiLL$et? Is that a legitimate practice site like boson or cccure?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Hint: those starred out vendor are usually ****. My spidey sense sensor is going haywire but it's Friday so I'm gonna let someone else pick it up from here.

Right. I caught that too. plus I do not hear of anyone passing that hard of a test in 3 weeks even WITH 10yrs of exp.

to the OP..... What certs do you have?

hint: normally someone with 2 posts and comes on here saying he passed a major cert is either faking, a foreign person or both. People that have CISSP and are new will at least sit back and get to know us before making a post like this....
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Right. I caught that too. plus I do not hear of anyone passing that hard of a test in 3 weeks even WITH 10yrs of exp.

to the OP..... What certs do you have?

hint: normally someone with 2 posts and comes on here saying he passed a major cert is either faking, a foreign person or both. People that have CISSP and are new will at least sit back and get to know us before making a post like this....

i do also have my security+ but got that over 5 years ago
    i guess it also helps that i have experience in the government/security space
    the only reason for my initial post was to help others; don't assume knowing all of the technical aspects of the exam/subjects will ensure you pass; its critical thinking, concepts, etc. that ensure you pass it

i was literally pulling my hair out while taking this exam
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    soniczoom5,

I think others are asking for the other test questions you used to pass the exam.

Regards,
    bigdogz
  • Options
    i used a combo of sybex QA's along with another vendor which I'll try to type out but hopefully won't get censored(a c t u a l t e s t s)
  • Options
    Wow, so how many of those exact questions were on the actual exam? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    soniczoom5 wrote: »
    i used a combo of sybex QA's along with another vendor which I'll try to type out but hopefully won't get censored(a c t u a l t e s t s)

Yep that is a known brain **** site.... you should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you loose your CISSP and get barred for life by ISC2..... You didn't even study the material you just studied the answers.... then you have the nerve to come on here and claim you were tearing your hair out... You prob were bc u hoped to remember enough of the questions to pass.... you are nothing more then a POS, lying, scumbag that is nothing more then a PAPER CISSP....

YOU and people like you are the reason why certifications are not valued.... because you want to **** your way through life.... but don't worry.... you will not last long in a real security gig.

There is a special place down below for people like you.... icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    Wow, so how many of those exact questions were on the actual exam? icon_rolleyes.gif

It took him 3 weeks to memorize all the answers.......

Cheater. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options

i think you missed the point of my post; memorizing these QA's didn't REALLY HELP AT ALL! thats my point! you need the experience and in-depth knowledge of the technologies covered in the exam. i think a big part of how i passed was indeed my experience; did studying the book and QA's help me? absolutely!
  • Options
    It took him 3 weeks to memorize all the answers.......

Cheater. icon_rolleyes.gif

I know...I bust my ass reading, watching videos, took classes at my university, all while working full time. In the long run, we all know who really succeeds. Pisses me off too...but now I just finished eating lunch, and now I'm watching Bob Ross on Netflix. Makes me think positively...I'll keep doing what I'm doing at a slow honest pace and not worry about what others are doing because once again...life will weed out those do not know their stuff vs. people who do...people who struggle appreciate things more.
  • Options
    i think you missed the point of my post; memorizing these QA's didn't REALLY HELP AT ALL! thats my point! you need the experience and in-depth knowledge of the technologies covered in the exam. i think a big part of how i passed was indeed my experience; did studying the book and QA's help me? absolutely!

Oh no I understand, what you're saying is, none of the questions you studied were on the exam. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Oh no I understand, what you're saying is, none of the questions you studied were on the exam. icon_study.gif

Exactly....he passed by the skin of his teeth......

Alas you are right danny. Life does have a way of weeding the cheaters out... There are people that study and work hard like us on the forum, then there are brain dumpers and cheaters like the OP... life is a race but the tortoise beat the hare.... slow and steady wins the race.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Guys, just so you know.

It's not likely that he used actual brain **** for CISSP.

Two reasons: he says the questions were not like he expected them to be, there was no valid **** last time I checked.

I monitor them periodically on torrents and usually question banks marketed as CISSP braindumps are actually questions from CCCure/Transcender/Sybex, etc, so the bad guys are misleading their customers here. I believe that's what happened to TS, he DLed them hoping that they are, but alas, they were not.

However, I'm not 100% that real braindumps aren't somewhere in there. I don't know how (ISC)2 fights them, but they are pretty effective.
  • Options
    Guys, just so you know.

It's not likely that he used actual brain **** for CISSP.

Two reasons: he says the questions were not like he expected them to be, there was no valid **** last time I checked.

I monitor them periodically on torrents and usually question banks marketed as CISSP braindumps are actually questions from CCCure/Transcender/Sybex, etc, so the bad guys are misleading their customers here. I believe that's what happened to TS, he DLed them hoping that they are, but alas, they were not.

However, I'm not 100% that real braindumps aren't somewhere in there. I don't know how (ISC)2 fights them, but they are pretty effective.

I understand. A c t u a l t e s t s... though, is a known brain **** site. But they always say that **** don't always have the right questions or answers.... but the fact that he went to a **** site to get a **** and it may not have been what he was looking for.... that does not excuse the fact that he wanted a brain **** to pass the exam.
  • Options
    that does not excuse the fact that he wanted a brain **** to pass the exam.
    That's true.

Paper folks bomb their interviews anyways if I'm interviewing as I tend to be harsh on a technical side.

Also, we may report him to (ISC)2.
  • Options
    So explain to me how a brain **** site and the q/a's provided by the official sybex study guide differ? They don't; so how is studying the material provided by the official study guide defined as cheating? Get a life man I'm smarter than you and passed with 3 weeks of studying; my experience and technical skills allowed me to pass; you're just a bitter loser who will prob take multiple attempts to pass; I was just trying to help you and everyone else out sheesh
  • Options
    Agreed, Sybex questions and downloaded fake CISSP braindumps are not much different in terms of how they prepare you for the exam.

What's different here is this braindump site steals an intellectual property of respective question banks, such as CCCure or Sybex and profits from either reselling it with false advertising or even giving out for free. These questions, along with answers, are a product of work of certain people, such as Clement Dupuis, who have been crafting and refining them for years. Thus, this is a case of theft intellectual property.

CCCure and Sybex return their investment through selling their books and services. And you used their questions without rewarding them for the efforts they put into their question banks.

Not that big of a deal, probably, for an average Joe, and yet, (ISC)2 imposes on CISSP holders very strict ethical standards, because security is a serious thing where everything counts. And you agreed to be bound by (ISC)2 code of ethics when you registered for the exam.

Now tell me, aren't you violating the (ISC)2 code of ethics by using braindumps?
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Agreed, Sybex questions and downloaded fake CISSP braindumps are not much different in terms of how they prepare you for the exam.

What's different here is this braindump site steals an intellectual property of respective question banks, such as CCCure or Sybex and profits from either reselling it with false advertising or even giving out for free. These questions, along with answers, are a product of work of certain people, such as Clement Dupuis, who have been crafting and refining them for years. Thus, this is a case of theft intellectual property.

CCCure and Sybex return their investment through selling their books and services. And you used their questions without rewarding them for the efforts they put into their question banks.

Not that big of a deal, probably, for an average Joe, and yet, (ISC)2 imposes on CISSP holders very strict ethical standards, because security is a serious thing where everything counts. And you agreed to be bound by (ISC)2 code of ethics when you registered for the exam.

Now tell me, aren't you violating the (ISC)2 code of ethics by using braindumps?

1 - sybex "brain ****" are the same thing as "insert name here" brain ****; neither of them really help you on the exam
    2 - the point im trying to make is dont use these QA's as your primary study material; they won't help
    3 - i PAID for the sybex study guide which came with the QA's
  • Options
    1 - sybex "brain ****" are the same thing as "insert name here" brain ****; neither of them really help you on the exam
    2 - the point im trying to make is dont use these QA's as your primary study material; they won't help
    First and second points are obvious, no need to bring them up.

Same with Sybex, this is legit. You are questioned here only about your braindump material.
  • Options
    You did study but you loose cool points and cred for using a brain **** to help you pass the test....
  • Options

Right so you used a Brain **** with the sybex book and you barely passed... so now you came here to make a thread telling people to NOT use brain **** because you used one and it backfired.

Dude... we already know NOT to use brain ****.
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is the reason, I have begun to doubt people who claim to have CISSP under their belt. It's a shame.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    brunhildabrunhilda Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    are you people stupid or what,, i know lots of people who spend thousands of dollars on classes and still fail cert exams multiple times. certifications exams are just another racket.. and i will forever use them to pass these stupid exams... i feel sorry for people who do not use them, they are just making microsoft, cisco, etc more richer, as though they need more money.. thank God for Brain **** sites,,, speaking of does anyone know of a good **** site for cissp.. i would luve to know..
  • Options
    brunhilda wrote: »
    are you people stupid or what,, i know lots of people who spend thousands of dollars on classes and still fail cert exams multiple times. certifications exams are just another racket.. and i will forever use them to pass these stupid exams... i feel sorry for people who do not use them, they are just making microsoft, cisco, etc more richer, as though they need more money.. thank God for Brain **** sites,,, speaking of does anyone know of a good **** site for cissp.. i would luve to know..

I see your point. The purpose of these exams is to make sure that there are enough skilled people out there to get the job done properly. Braindumpers undermine this scheme because they get the cert without having a knowledge needed for that. They are a threat for both employers and legit cert holders. For employers they are breaking a scheme where the cert is used as a quick method to assure that a candidate has some skills and knowledge. For legit cert holders they undermine the value of all the knowledge and skills that legit cert holders had to acquire to pass the cert. Overall braindumpers are a threat to our society.

Also, may be regular folks here are stupid because they agree with this game and participate in it spending their efforts on obtaining certs and thus making society stronger as a whole instead of exploiting the game at the expense of society.

Alas, you are also a stupid for sharing the details of your fraud and code of ethics violation with society. It was pointless and potentially harmful for your CISSP as now we may report you to (ISC)2 and ruin your expectations.