Options

CCNA Cyber Ops

13»

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    drfager wrote: »
    Anyone received further feedback after the assessment? Still waiting to see if accepted or not.

Still awaiting here as well.
  • Options
    JobeneJobene Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They said end october begin of november =)
  • Options
    neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got an email from Cisco this morning saying I have made it to the next phase which looks like another online questionnaire to complete before Monday 31st and then if successful I will be told by mid Nov.

**Update**

The final questionnaire is just to confirm some details name, email and what certifications you have either Cisco or other vendor certs and some other basic questions.

I think its going to be a bit of a lottery if you get a place or not now.
  • Options
    Well, got my final qualification e-mail. Already have my certs and plus I'm a veteran.

Looking forward to getting this certificate.
  • Options
    drfagerdrfager Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    neonman wrote: »
    Got an email from Cisco this morning saying I have made it to the next phase which looks like another online questionnaire to complete before Monday 31st and then if successful I will be told by mid Nov.

**Update**

The final questionnaire is just to confirm some details name, email and what certifications you have either Cisco or other vendor certs and some other basic questions.

I think its going to be a bit of a lottery if you get a place or not now.

Got the same email. Filled out the questionnaire and am waiting to find out. (Suppose it wont be until after the 31st)
  • Options
    jdancer wrote: »
    Well, got my final qualification e-mail. Already have my certs and plus I'm a veteran.

Looking forward to getting this certificate.

What start date did you get? I’m hoping to get my confirmation soon.
  • Options
    Anybody get new info? Still waiting on confirmation one way or the other after doing the questionnaire a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @drfager I haven't heard anything either.
  • Options
    owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can also confirm I haven't received any updates from Cisco yet. Still waiting ...
  • Options
    JobeneJobene Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One Update....
    There will be another scholarship by spring 2017

BTW: This run has places for 10.000 people.
    So 1000$ per Person.
  • Options
    2007snj2007snj Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Samuel,

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We’re glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become valued partners in protecting the Internet from hackers and other criminals. Your expected start date will be between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.

Now that you’ve been selected for the scholarship program, we would like to share some important information with you about the program and what you can expect in the upcoming weeks.

You will have 13 weeks to complete the program.
    The first step in the scholarship program is to take Introduction to Cybersecurity course which will be available between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.
    As part of the Cybersecurity Scholarship program you will be required to take the following courses, in the following order:
    Introduction to Cybersecurity
    Understanding Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND)
    Implementing Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)
    Two proctored exams (SECFND and SECOPS) within 13 weeks (Optional)
    We will be sending you everything you need to know on how to get started between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016. Cisco looks forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

If you have any questions, please contact us at Support Home Page.

Congratulations on your acceptance in the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.

Kind regards,
    Learning@Cisco
  • Options
    2007snj wrote: »

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We’re glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become valued partners in protecting the Internet from hackers and other criminals. Your expected start date will be between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.

Now that you’ve been selected for the scholarship program, we would like to share some important information with you about the program and what you can expect in the upcoming weeks.

The first step in the scholarship program is to take Introduction to Cybersecurity course which will be available between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016.
    As part of the Cybersecurity Scholarship program you will be required to take the following courses, in the following order:
    We will be sending you everything you need to know on how to get started between November 30, 2016 and December 9, 2016. Cisco looks forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

Congratulations on your acceptance in the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.

Kind regards,
    Learning@Cisco

Got the same e-mail. Heh, was hoping it would start next calendar year. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    jdancer wrote: »
    Got the same e-mail. Heh, was hoping it would start next calendar year. icon_cool.gif

It was clearly stated in initial e-mails that it will definitely start in 2016 and we have a short period (13 weeks - correct me if I am wrong) to complete it.
  • Options
    ... actually I don't quite much understand this statement:

Do you know what it might be?
  • Options
    Solar1zeSolar1ze Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome work on getting through, you must be exited - please let us know how you go with the course.
    Myself, I'm up to the last stage but I havent heard back - do you know of an email or contact at Cisco I can contact to find out how I went?

Has it let you log into to NetaCad yet?

Thanks and good luck
    2007snj wrote: »
    Dear Samuel,

Kind regards,
    Learning@Cisco
  • Options
    logikillogikil Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This one has been killing me. I applied for the same scholarship. They have been pushing out the dates on sending people acceptance emails for weeks now. First mid November, then by November 30, and now by December 9. It's a great opportunity for a new InfoSec cert, and it's free and all, but not knowing yay or nay is awful.
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    logikil wrote: »
    This one has been killing me. I applied for the same scholarship. They have been pushing out the dates on sending people acceptance emails for weeks now. First mid November, then by November 30, and now by December 9. It's a great opportunity for a new InfoSec cert, and it's free and all, but not knowing yay or nay is awful.

I've been waiting too. The last email I got said I would know by November 15 and I've not heard anything since. Have you been getting updates by email?
  • Options
    Received email last week that I've been accepted into the second wave of participants, scheduled to start in March.

Would be very interested to get some feedback from someone in the first group, which apparently started last month.
  • Options
    Also hopeful the Cisco press books will be released soon, so I can read them before taking the course.
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat as WastedHat. Haven't heard anything since November 15th. But fingers crossed, we'll all get the email tomorrow!
  • Options
    iSmarktyiSmarkty Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I Got my acceptance email today!!... I hung up the gloves when i didnt receive the letter by december 9th but finally i have it. For those who havent hear anything from cisco , there's still hope!

"Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time."
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    iSmarkty wrote: »
    I Got my acceptance email today!!... I hung up the gloves when i didnt receive the letter by december 9th but finally i have it. For those who havent hear anything from cisco , there's still hope!

"Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time."

Congrats. I got the same e-mail yesterday.
  • Options
    Anyone in the first wave want to give us some feedback on the training, material, any prep we can be doing?
  • Options
    Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    drfager wrote: »
    Anyone in the first wave want to give us some feedback on the training, material, any prep we can be doing?

someone has done that, on the cybersecurity study group:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-31760

two doc files with some pictures.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    logikil wrote: »

People need to calm down. This is just another CCNA.....I guess I see it that way because I have been in the Cisco cert game for 10+ years now. Trust me its just another CCNA. You are not losing out on anything, especially if you have your CISSP, CEH, Sec+.....you will be ok without this CCNA lol
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My guess here is if they can install a decent base of people with Cisco CCNA - Cyber Ops certification, companies will start to request employment applicants to have this certification in job postings. Which means people paying to take the course and exam, it's a great way to jump start interest in a new Cisco certification. Without this incentive, it probably take a lot longer before employers require it, which in turn means low sales of there product for years. I also wager that the cost of the course will be a LOT higher then $1,000 when you have to pay for it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Without this incentive, it probably take a lot longer before employers require it, which in turn means low sales of there product for years.

As far as the CCNA SECOPS and SECFND cert having any relation to their products this is not the case. CCNA Security/CCNP Security/CCIE Security have that relationship and are a strong presence in the industry regarding employees with job duties managing cisco security equipment.

The only reference of Cisco equipment knowledge out of BOTH CCNA SECFND and SECOPS is the following and its only asking if you know what they do lol
    1.5 Describe the functions of these network security systems as deployed on the host, network, or the cloud:
    • 1.5.a Firewall
    • 1.5.b Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
    • 1.5.c Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
    • 1.5.d Web Security Appliance (WSA) / Cisco Cloud Web Security (CWS)
    • 1.5.e Email Security Appliance (ESA) / Cisco Cloud Email Security (CES)
    This is just Cisco's version of CEH mixed in with CCNA Security, sprinkled with a small amount of ISC2 security operations and risk management concepts.

Cudos to all who got in free, but employers are still going to be searching for CEH/Sec+/SSCP/GSEC and other entry level security certs first.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX