Software Issues Help!!!

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,175 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys I had a user who was complaining about her Scan Snap ix500 Scanner not being able to scan her documents. I uninstall the software and the attempted to reinstall the software and when I went to reinstall it I got a message that said.

''Uninstallation not completed. Restart your computer'' I restarted the computer many times but keep getting the same message when I try to reinstall again.''

AnY thoughts Guys?
Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.

Comments

• DCDDCD Member Posts: 453 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try putting it into safe mode to uninstall.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If both of the above don't work, I'd put in a support ticket with the vendor and/or search their website and see if they have known issues for this.
  • TechxWizardTechxWizard Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You might have to delete the traces this program left in the registry. i had a similar issue with Symantec Endpoint.
    *********Proceed with CAUTION*********

if you don't feel comfortable in the registry. Don't do it.
    worst case senario, call the vendor for support.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers CompTIA, EC-Council, ISACA, (ISC)², Microsoft USAMember Posts: 879 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Try using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall, and then run CCleaner to slough off old reg entries for good measure.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,175 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the suggestions Guys.... to update I went into the registry but everything seemed normal and nothing out of the ordinary was seen. I used the Microsoft Windows Installer tool. None of those options worked so I resorted to using System Restore and that resolved my user's issue. she is back up which I am glad but I wanted to try out alot of tools because a system restore is usually my last option. Thanks Guys!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.